Print Thread
#35174 12/05/06 12:10 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
First, I'm first. I get to go first....

"Kathryn Parker?" he asked.
Any relation to Peter?

Kathryn knew that she had done nothing that was even remotely outside the law, but opening your door to find a couple of FBI agents - of all people - standing there wasn't something especially reassuring anyway.
That happened to me when I was living in Columbus. They wanted to know what I knew about my neighbor who I barely even saw. Still pretty scary. And there were at least four of them waiting to pounce on said neighbor.

Scary prospect for Kathryn.

Right... You usually hide in Smallville instead. Which is ridiculous, cause it's the one event you host that you could easily attend every year! It's a costume party, Clark.
I think she’s pulling his leg that this is an ‘annual’ event. Is he going as Superman? wink

It had been years since Clark had been in the presence of other people besides Lana and in a way he missed it.
You need to get out, Clark.

People don't even know for sure what you look like, you made sure of that after Capetown - remember?
Ooh, I hope we find out what happened in Capetown.

Lana knew she was right although she was stepping into quick sand with this line of questioning. She'd tried to convince him time and time again that the life he led was terribly unhealthy, but he no longer listened. And while she knew that she was free to do as she pleased, she couldn't help but stay there with him. He was miserable and she knew it. How could she have left him all alone with no one to speak to ever again? He'd given her a future when she no longer had one; he'd taken care of her when there was no one left who would; how could she then, in good conscience, just abandon him when it was clear he needed her? If she'd done that, then he would have likely just withered away and died. Forgotten and alone. Just the thought of that broke her heart.
Awww…

"Yeah, I wish I was a normal human man..." he whispered, barely loudly enough for her to hear. He continued, in a normal speaking voice. "Whatever, it doesn't matter, I'll barely be there long enough for anyone to notice anyhow."
Aww… Lois will bring him out of his shell.

"Get yourself a sexy costume, now, you hear? If we're going to be seen there together, I'd like you to look... you know... like a woman. Not like what you usually wear... Lois, suits are for men - it doesn't matter if yours have a skirt instead of a pair of pants, they're still suits. You'd get much better results if you dressed... you know... more attractively."
Sexual harassment, much, Lex?

I want more! I want more! Nancy pounds her fists on her desk and pouts. More, more, more, more, more, more, more....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Kathryn Parker?" he asked.
Any relation to Peter?
Nah. But the name definitely comes from him, though.

Oh, btw... I almost named the agents Lee Austin and Steve Majors. ROFL! Then I figured it was probably stupid. wink Of course he's OSI and not FBI, so it didn't work. (and sadly, this was not something Fox Mulder was likely to do... hehehe!)

That happened to me when I was living in Columbus. They wanted to know what I knew about my neighbor who I barely even saw. Still pretty scary. And there were at least four of them waiting to pounce on said neighbor.
Seriously? ouch. frown When I wrote that part, I didn't really think it was even possible. I mean, I've seen things like that on TV, but you always figure that what they show on TV is somewhat exagerated...

I think she’s pulling his leg that this is an ‘annual’ event. Is he going as Superman? wink
Nope. And nope. wink It is annual and... umm... Superman doesn't exist yet - or wasn't that obvious?

Oh... um... oops...
I could write a sequel - and include all the other things I left somewhat unexplained as well. Would that do?

Sexual harassment, much, Lex?
You ain't seen nothing, yet!

I want more! I want more! Nancy pounds her fists on her desk and pouts. More, more, more, more, more, more, more....
hehehehehe! smile Totally brought back sunshine in my really awful day. (I collect those, now... Someone made off with my keys tonight - I couldn't leave the office; had to find someone to buzz me *out* of the place. Thank God I don't go to the office in my car, I would have been stranded downtown... *sigh*)

I know I've said this before, but you are so going to love part 5. The ball is in part 5. And of course, part 5 is when Lois and Clark are properly introduced. It's *priceless*!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
Can't wait to see what costume Lana picked out, and Lois' reaction to it, especially when she knows who's under it.

Is he going in Arab garb?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Seriously? ouch. [Frown] When I wrote that part, I didn't really think it was even possible. I mean, I've seen things like that on TV, but you always figure that what they show on TV is somewhat exagerated...
Well, they didn't tell they would put me in the witness protection program, but yeah it happened. Pretty strange since I'd barely ever saw the neighbor and didn't know their name.

Nope. And nope. [Wink] It is annual and... umm... Superman doesn't exist yet - or wasn't that obvious?
Yes, it was obvious. I was just teasing... Maybe he could come as the Batman... Or Spiderman... Or lessee... Booster Gold.

Oh... um... oops...
I could write a sequel - and include all the other things I left somewhat unexplained as well. Would that do?
Yep. Of course, there's nothing to say you couldn't add a wee bit to your NaNoWriMo.

Can't we please have part 5 now. Please... Pretty, pretty please...

Sorry to hear about your keys. I bet the person that did it won't even fess up.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
regular customers are weary of any new employee
I think you may have meant "wary" not "weary".

"We have one every year, Clark," she explained. "Well, it'll be the first time in Metropolis, but we have this event every single year, no matter what city.
Interesting. Why is she so devoted to this party?

Besides, good things rarely ever happened to him, so why should this be any different?
Poor baby. frown

It had been years since Clark had been in the presence of other people besides Lana
so sad

Lana was old enough that she didn't need to have a legal guardian anymore
Ha! A clue! Maybe.

Lara! You have to post again soon! You must!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know I really would post part 5 right now... should I? You think? It's hard to resist all you guys asking...

The costume Lana picked is... umm... You'll see...

Yes, it was obvious. I was just teasing... Maybe he could come as the Batman... Or Spiderman... Or lessee... Booster Gold.
Booster Gold? Dang, girl - I hadn't heard about him in a LONG while!

Reminds me, though... You'll see Batman in part 5. hehehehe!

Yep. Of course, there's nothing to say you couldn't add a wee bit to your NaNoWriMo.
Well, see - some people are doing a JanNoWriMo (*lol*) and since I'm going to have lots and lots and LOTS of free time in January... well... maybe I'll do that. wink

Sorry to hear about your keys. I bet the person that did it won't even fess up.
hehe - I know who it was. I called her, but she was already almost home by then. I'll have them back tomorrow, it's just annoying and I was freaking out at first. I freak out easy since last week... *sigh*

Lisa - thanks for pointing out the typo. /me hides behind her laptop. Going to fix it asap. smile

Why is she so devoted to this party?
It's a charity event - to raise money for a children's hospital. She's in charge of it every year. ...and costume parties are *fun*. hehehe! wink

The legal guardian bit is a clue, yep. For people who haven't read the places where I spoiled it. wink You already know by then that Lana lost her parents several years ago, that Clark blames himself for that, and you know she's got auburn hair and green eyes (like the girl in the book)... So now would be where you understand that the book is autobiographical and you finally have a good insight on the relationship between the two characters. He'll explain exactly what it is later on...

Oh... BTW. I forgot to note it, but this:
She wasn't exactly pleased at the prospect of going to one of those things... Lois hated costumes.
Is a very small inside joke... In Smallville - evertime there is a mention of Clark wearing a costume, he always says he hates them. hehehe!

You guys really want part 5 right *now* ??

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
You know I really would post part 5 right now... should I? You think? It's hard to resist all you guys asking...
If you have it ready, I say post it now!! Nownownownownownownownow

Booster Gold? Dang, girl - I hadn't heard about him in a LONG while!
You must have not read the totally silly challenge fic I wrote. He was responsible for a Tank ending.

I freak out easy since last week...
What happened last week?

I want part 5 NOW!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I cannot wait for the costume party! dance

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
You most definitely can post the next part! I love this story, Lara. I've been sooo bad with fdk lately, but I want you to know that I'm reading this one and I love that you post so often. I hate waiting!

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the next book has to say about Clark's life. I also can't wait for the "priceless" meeting between Lois and Clark. Maybe once they become friends, Clark can do something about Lex. grumble

One question, maybe its a typo of some kind:
"What can I do for you?" she asked, nervously.

"I think the question should be what can you do for us," he replied.
Isn't that what she said? She asked what she could do for them so I'm not sure if you typed wrong or I'm have a blonde moment. blush

I hope by the time I'm done posting you will have decided to let us in on part 5! Is this really only a 10 part story???

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You must have not read the totally silly challenge fic I wrote. He was responsible for a Tank ending.
Ooooh! Link please. laugh

What happened last week?
The "terminator" came by my office. Left me a not-really-so-nice pink slip. frown

She asked what she could do for them so I'm not sure if you typed wrong or I'm have a blonde moment.
ROFL! Nope... that was *ME* having a blond moment. hahahaha! I didn't even notice it. Going to fix that right away.

And then.... yes, I will post part 5. stay tuned!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lara, I have *no* time to comment right now, except that I think part 5 of this story is coming up right away, and before it does I have to say.... Let Clark dress up as Batman, please? Hmmmm? Please? And Lois could come as Robin! razz

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cat woman! HAHAHA! Ann, you crack me up!! smile

Don't worry about the terminator. I'll live. smile It did enable me to make quite a few jokes about pink slips.... you know.... from Superman I -- Lois' underwear. I'm crazy, aren't I? wink

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Here's the link to the TOC - Greatgrandmother's Challenge. This way, you can see the challenge, also. It's really totally silly. web page

What happened last week?

The "terminator" came by my office. Left me a not-really-so-nice pink slip.
Yeah, I knew your job was ending, but I thought it was because it was a temp job, not because the terminator visited. frown

Well, I feel for ya'. I'm currently unemployed, AND I turned down a job with pretty nifty wages. I just didn't want to pick up and move 180 miles (about 290 kilometers) with virtually no warning.

Off to read Part 5. Yippee. dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here's the link to the TOC - Greatgrandmother's Challenge. This way, you can see the challenge, also. It's really totally silly.
Geeeez, I'm SO dense! I read that and commented! I don't think I had my head screwed on right when I did. wink

Wasn't a temp job, no.. Been there 6 years. And they just decided that was it. Ah well.. I'm still there till Christmas. Kinda too bad fanfic doesn't pay. I'd stay home and do nothing but write if I could afford it for sure. wink

I hope you find something, soon. Sucks to be unemployed around Christmas. frown Sucks to be unemployed any flippin' day of the year to begin with, but... you know...

...and I hope you liked part 5. I fixed some typos after I posted it, btw. And I thought there was Batman in there, but he's in part 6 actually. *sigh*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard