great part, annie!

wow. lois can even mess up salad. color me impressed.

“Talk to me,” Clark pleaded. “This isn’t just about burning dinner. Please tell me what’s wrong.”
go clark!

“She’s just flirting Lois, that’s what she does. She’s only going to be in town for a couple of days, I figured it was easier to just let her flirt than fight with her about it. I’m sorry if it upset you. I never thought you would see it that way.”
hey, that makes a lot of sense. cool. smile just too bad he didn't think to tell lois this earlier. not that he had a reason to do so.

i like that he "sensed" her presence. they've got a strong connection, don't they?

Lois smiled reflexively. Even through the pain of this predicament, Clark’s sweet words charmed her. But Clark was missing the gravity of the situation. “It wasn’t just that, Clark! She *told* me she was going to marry you! She had a whole plan!”

Clark inhaled sharply, shock written across his face. Then he slowly exhaled and ran his hand through his hair. “I’m not going to marry her, Lois.” There was no hesitation. “Not her or anyone else.”
oops. silly lois thinking that just because a woman has a plan, the guy has to go along... laugh

not so sure about that last line of clark's, though. (i'm commenting and reading at the same time, and hoping that he's going to explain soon either that "anyone else" excludes lois- ie, anyone other than you- or that since he feels he lost his chance with her that there's no one else)

He was so close, so achingly close. And then finally he was there, his lips connecting with hers. She gasped slightly, as their lips touched, clasping and caressing.
wow. that was out of the blue. especially given that he's just said he wasn't going to marry anyone. actually, i'd like to know what he's thinking here. i know, i know.. it's lois's POV, but i wish there was something to explain this. i mean, i understand that he loves her, but it seems an odd moment to suddenly kiss her.

“But she wasn’t my first love,” he whispered, kissing her again. “You were.”
YAY!! dance

“I don’t know. I don’t know exactly what I thought. In an instant every possible horror flashed before my eyes, and all I could think about was getting to you.”

“You saved me.”

“I saved you from pasta,” he said, cracking a grin.

“You always save me,” she said softly, raising one hand to stroke his cheek. Clark smiled and captured her lips once more, in a brief, tender kiss.
laugh i'm going to run out of graemlins here...

and then the bannana bread! "what was that?" rotflol

nice babble about the cherry tomatoes.

”I didn’t think you would believe me. I didn’t have any proof.”

“You didn’t need proof, Lois. I would have believed you.”
good for you, clark! of course, lois had reason at the time to believe otherwise. oh well.

wow. and he's not blind about lana, either. maybe he's not such a lunkhead after all.

nice explanation about lana's past behavior and the prom and all. (i've ceased being shocked by her, btw. seems pretty much established by now that she's a <insert proper description that aptly explains what lana is without using words that i don't like to throw around here i'm not coming up with it myself at 4am>.)

i like clark's confidence in lois, especially after he pointed out that his faith hadn't been misplaced.

He raised her hand to her face, cupping her cheek tenderly and his thumb stroking her skin with a feather-light touch. “And now?” he asked quietly, and she could hear the nerves in his voice. “Are you interested now?”

Lois turned her head just slightly, closing her eyes and kissing the palm of his hand before turning back to look at him again. “I’m interested,” she said, her voice low and breathy.
oooo. nice!

i love the ending. almost seems like a good place to end the story, actually, if not for the loose end known as lana.

can't wait to see the rest of this.

and no, i'm certainly not objecting to the early post!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.