So, why don't you like her? Because you believe that Clark belongs to Lois, and only to her?
Yes, Olympe, that's how I see Clark. Because, you see, I've been a Superman fan for one year, namely, in 1968. But since 1969, I've been a Superman and Lois fan. That is, for 37 years I've thought of Superman as the man who belongs to this one woman. I probably would have lost interest in Superman altogether around 1969, if I hadn't become convinced that he is destined to love Lois. And I did lose interest in him in 1980, after I had seen Superman II, where he rejected Lois. A small part of me retained the idealized picture of Superman, however, where he loves Lois. Then in 1990, Superman asked Lois to marry him in the comics, and I was totally hooked again. And since then, I've loved Superman because of his superpowers, his nobility, his double identity and his love for Lois!

So what's wrong with Caitlyn? Absolutely nothing, except that I can't accept her as Clark's love and sex partner because she isn't Lois. As I said, Hangup is my middle name... but please bear in mind what kind of Superman fan I am before you totally judge me.

Ann