Kinda super short FDK here, DJ.

And first of all: thanks to Nancy for making me realize how absolutely hilarious this was:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
– Lana would die if she knew I’d eaten a bomb –
Yeah, she sure would be mad, Clark. She won't even let you eat a sandwich. Cholesterol, you know.... rotflol rotflol rotflol

The whole 'making-Clark-an-outfit' was very funny, too.

And I don't know why, but Jonathan's words,
“There she blows,”
reminded me, for some reason, of some time when I heard somebody say "Thar she blows" and it was funny. Could it be from Star Trek? Could it be something Scotty said? Oh, well.

And Clark saves Lois by eating the bomb, and I've always loved his burp afterwards:
Lois gasps as she watches me put the C-4 into my mouth and swallow it. A second later and I feel an eruption inside of me. It’s mildly uncomfortable, but I don’t think it did any damage. I’m amazed! I *ate* a bomb! And then I feel it coming. Uh-oh. “Brrrrrpp.”
rotflol

But hey, what's this?

I look at Lois. She doesn’t seem to know whether to be amazed or disgusted. “Excuse me,” I tell her.

“What...? What are you?” she asks me.
I'm a little disappointed at this. Somehow, I thought that this Lois really would recognize Clark. At least she respects Clark enough to entertain the notion that if Superman is an ordinary man in disguise, or rather if a seemingly ordinary guy is just pretending to be ordinary even though he's really Superman, this pretending-to-be-ordinary guy could be Clark Kent as well as anyone else. (I put that very succinctly, didn't I?)

“Wait! How will I find you?” she asks me.

“I’ll be around,” I assure her.
Yeah, well, you too have seen 'Superman Returns'....

As for Lana's crash... I won't quote from it, because it's not my favorite part of this chapter (and not my favorite part of this story, either). But it is ironic. Clark is in Metropolis saving Lois's life, and while he is gone Lana comes looking for him to retrieve him from Lois's clutches. She is driving so fast that she crashes her car, and she may in fact have died. How ironic that would be: Clark saves his girlfriend-to-be, only to, possibly, have to blame himself for his current girlfriend's death.

Is there WAFF at the end of this, DJ? You know how much I love WAFF. I love WAFF as much as I love smut, if that is possible! Hmmm.... Just one chapter to go, and things look angsty rather than WAFFy. Ah, well, what do they say - most FoLCs eat angst for breakfast?

So off with you, my very evil Metro, and write the last chapter for the breakfast club. But bring a little morsel for me, too, please? <Insert puppy dog eyes icon>

Ann