Love it when Clark eyes the animal prints askance. The whole costume scene was one of my favorite parts of the pilot, and I always wondered what he really thought about some of those fabrics.

I’m sure later, if I live through this, I’m going to realize that this was an insane thing to do – Lana would die if she knew I’d eaten a bomb – but right now my mind just keeps screaming, ‘She’ll die! She’ll die! Just eat it!’
Since we know the bomb doesn't hurt him, this is actually pretty funny. But why is he worrying what Lana would think?

Everyone is staring at me. Surely someone will recognize me. Lois? Jimmy? Perry? But no one seems to.
Like Mom said, no one is looking at your face! laugh

What was Lana doing on the highway headed out of Smallville?
I think we can guess.

“No! No, get away from me. Who are you?” she wheezes. I had forgotten I was still dressed in my red and blue suit.
Gotta admit, if someone pulls me from a wrecked vehicle, I am not going to argue about whether they are a stranger or not. I would just be glad to be saved!

“I was coming to see you. A car... swerved over in my lane,” she whispers and places her hand against my chest. “Please don’t leave me. I’m so sorry.”
Oh boy. Guilt City, next exit.

No, I won’t leave her... at least not right now.
Are you sure?

“I love you.”

I feel my eyes start to fill with tears. She really does love me. She always has. And I do love her, even if we aren’t meant to be together.
Yes, but the aftermath of this might make you forget the "aren't meant to be" part.

Ok, so who here thinks that Clark can either a) dump a girl who loves him while she is in recovery from a car wreck while on her way to see him or b) sufficiently recover from the girl dying in that car wreck - and start a relationship with Lois all in one chapter? Oh, and tell Lois the truth about Superman in the meantime. I admit I am not hopeful for a happy Lois-and-Clark-in-love ending here.

DJ, you're mean! razz

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds