Absolutely not true in our case either.. There has actually been some grumbling here in the UK recently, from the right wing tabloids mostly, about the 'problem' of 'health tourism'. People from poorer countries flying into the UK as tourists who head straight to Casualty pretending sudden illness and receive treatment for an existing condition they couldn't pay for at home. Something which the majority of us didn't really find as shocking as the Mail or Express. I'm sure the number of people abusing the system is tiny.

But, yes, just as in the US, any non-citizen turning up at Casualty gets all the care they need.

As with Germany, illegal immigrants and asylum seekers also have access to any care they need. Actually - more generally - to their detriment in many cases. Many complain that government rules while they pursue their claim mean that they are forced to live on benefits and are banned from taking work. Which I agree is ridiculous.

ETA: I should perhaps clarify that it's the being banned from working if you want to that I find ridiculous. Not the giving of benefits, which I have no issue with. laugh

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers