Well, I'm short enough that I have to sit pretty near the steering wheel to drive, and I'm halfway convinced that if the airbag ever did go off, it'd be enough to kill me. But whatcha gonna do? goofy and when it's 90 degrees out and sunny, that's an important consideration! Still, last year we had a burst of prosperity and bought a sedan -- I'd just started driving the kids to and from school each day, and we wanted something a lot more efficient. (This school year, the kids are taking the bus and it's a lot cheaper!) The high price of gas is at least a little bit of disincentive to drive the SUV, but as I said, up until recently we didn't have an alternative.

The price around here is about $2.25 ($2.21 is the cheapest I've seen lately).

As for energy policy -- well, I tend to be conservative, but I haven't paid too much attention to the alternatives, so this thread has been interesting. I do wish someone would do *something* though, 'cause these multi-state electricity black-outs just can't be good for us. The power goes out around here anytime it rains, anyway goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K