As for AMT, let's just say it's a blessing and a curse--you are blessed that you earn a good living; and you are cursed that you aren't in the same league as a Rockefeller.
LOL! No, actually I am very blessed, and I do make a good living, otherwise I wouldn't have to pay the AMT in the first place.

The thing is, the AMT is supposed to be a tax imposed on people making a fair amount of money who have somehow managed to find all sorts of loop-holes and tax shelters, and thus ended up not paying any taxes at all. In my case, the reason I'm not paying federal taxes isn't because I've found some sort of tax shelter, it's because my local tax debt is absurd!

Regardless, it doesn't change my main point. I'm paying taxes, but I can't vote. frown

- Vicki (who is usually a fairly up-beat sort of person, but gets incredibly grumpy on Apr.15 every year, and on Nov.2 every four years)

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster