Well, it was wonderful to read all of your comments on this segment. Especially the speculation, quite a lot of which got pretty close to the mark. LOL! And some of which was fairly wide of the mark.<g> I'll leave it to part six to let you know which was which.
I can't believe you stopped right here!!!!!!!!
Ooops. laugh The funny thing is that it never occurred to me that this was an evil cliffhanger at all. LOL! It was just the only really logical place to cut it, in the middle of what was a very long scene and didn't lend itself to being chopping in half. Of course, in retrospect, once I read the comments folder, I realised it was pretty mean at that. <g>

I said after the first part that I didn't know where you were going with the story- and you've kept me guessing at every post! Just when we thought it was safe to relax, you threw something else at us. I'm sending my muse to you for tutoring.
blush Aww, Sunkist, thank you. That's an adorable compliment. smile And…RAFO. <g>

Thinking about Superman: Do we find out what the heck is going on with his powers? Is Lois wearing a Kypto-ring?
LOL! No. <g> In fact, we've learned all we're going to about what happened to Clark in earlier segments. He attended the bank robbery and was affected there by the kryptonite (this was a loose translation of events in HOL, but I didn't adhere to them perfectly. As I recall, Clark wasn't that badly affected by Mrs Cox's little experiment on behalf of Lex. Just enough for them to know that the k affected him, so Lex could plan his K-cage). Since which time, his powers have been fluctuating in and out, become completely unreliable, and even when working aren't functioning at full strength.

I think Lois is a smart gal... as soon as she allows herself to think about it, she'll get grossed out by Luthor, then Clark can soothe her disgust... Whaddya think Labby?
I think she might definitely surprise you. And a few others. wink

Well Clark is a smart boy,she is in his arms, I am sure he will figure out a way to dissuade her<g>
Ya think, Laura? Of course…maybe she doesn't need dissuading. laugh

Is this the Campbell family's secret hideaway?
ROTFL! Wouldn't be at all surprised.

Are you sure it doesn't mean haggis?
Haggis. Bleah! Certainly hope not. I've put those poor kids through an awful lot in this one – but making them eat haggis soup would definitely be cruel and unusual punishment, beyond even the most vicious of authors.

/me makes a little neon sign saying 'Kiss her, you fool!' and hangs it in front of Clark
Clark might just be listening, Mere. wink

Lynn and CC, as always, I found your comments fascinating. It's always a delight to view your creation and characters through the eyes of a reader.

Perhaps that would require him getting shirtless again?
ROTFL!

This is very interesting because I just can't get a feel on what's going to happen next.
Oh…I dunno, Toc. You looked to me to be doing pretty darn good. I was entranced reading through your thoughts and speculation. Just one response – stop rummaging around in my hd! goofy

I don't mean to wreck the romantic atmosphere here, but am I the only person worried that the smoke from the chimney will show their attackers where they are?
Nope, Laura – Maria was worried about it back in part four. goofy Remember this is lakeside cabin country. Smoke from chimneys will be an everyday thing for the gang, not anything out of the ordinary or unusual, so they won't think twice about it, even if they see it. The cabin Clark and Lois are in isn't the only one in the area.

/me grabs the First Aid kit, replaces the bandages with the Lobster Bisque for a little extra weight, and bonks Clark on the head.
LOL, Paul! Also liked your short synopsis of the remaining two parts there. <g> Wonder how much of that is actually in there. Er…

Miscellaneous comments which made me laugh and which I can't pass up commenting on, for that reason:

I sense restlessness in the force
Can I be in front of the fire with CK?
You have Lois and Clark hurt, stranded in blizzard with people wanting to make cheese of them
(this one just tickled me because of the cheese reference. ROTFL!)
Just hope Clark gets back under those covers at some point
Thanks once again, everyone, for the great comments. You're making this posting lark so much fun!

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers