Originally posted by RJS:
Crime does happen here in Kansas and surrounding states. It isn't limited to large cities or the coastal states. The papers, weekly or daily are not filled with farm reports, corn fests and shucking contests despite what Hollywood and national media would have you believe.
I also live in a rural community, one probably more the size of the Smallville of the same named television show, than the even smaller one I imagine the one from LnC was. We even have a daily paper (most days) with more than 50 employees. I know that there is crime in rural areas, because someone was shot in the alley behind my house not too long ago, and it wasn't the only shooting in town this year by a long shot. frown I wasn't bashing small town news. I was merely pointing out that it was different. Corn to apricots was just another way of saying apples to oranges. laugh

But being the editor of a small rural newspaper (as I imagine the Smallville Gazette being) still isn't the same work experience when judging who is a better candidate for editor of the Daily Planet. In the same average week, Lois would have to have written up and investigated more stories, more quickly, in more dangerous situations than Clark would have to in Smallville. Clark might have more experience in the day to day running and budgeting of a paper than Lois would, but in a big city paper most of that stuff is handled by the people "upstairs". So, yes, as a candidate for editor of the DP, I could see Perry as seeing Lois as having more practical, high pace, high stress work experience than Clark would.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.