Haven't been in a writing mood of late (into my last month and feeling very "babyfull") so instead I'm filling my time FDK'ing.

“Are you sure you don’t have a brother?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Clark told me about your vision about the two supermen,” he replied. “And as far as I know I don’t have a twin nor would I want one.”

“No? I’d have thought you’d like the company,” she said. “Or, in this case, the assistance.”

“Perhaps, at one time, but now I’d worry he’d try to steal…” Clark’s voice faded. This wasn’t the time to admit that Superman still loved her, especially since she had claimed to have moved on to Clark. Evidently, Lois didn’t consider that she and Clark were exclusive, since she felt comfortable enough accepting dates with another man and sending him on dates with another woman. If his twin, her True Clark, did happen to show up, Clark would be out of the running anyway.
Maybe Lois dating Luthor was a mix of trying to make Clark jealous and part fear of moving too fast into an intense relationship with Clark, especially after her relationship with Superman had imploded on her. He doubted she was serious about Luthor by the way she kept flirting with Clark, and gushing on about how amazing Superman was. Well, she gushed about Superman when she didn’t know he was in the room.
Does she still do that since she knows though? Then again, she may think that Superman is the correct identity to be attracted to because he doesn't have a real history on this earth.

“You know, it’s time like these that I think maybe I should get a regular, boring job, settle down with a guy who sells insurance, and have two point four kids.”

For some reason, he couldn’t picture that ever happening. He looked at her skeptically. She returned a sheepish, anxious grin.

“Whatever makes you happy, Lois,” he replied soothingly. Better an insurance salesman than Lex Luthor. Would it be ironic if Clark quit the news business to sell insurance? Probably. “It would make my job easier.”
LOL. Or accounting. Accounting is boring to most and time consuming only part of the time (think January to May).

“Cat!” the voice called again, this time a pair of waving arms joined in. “Cat Grant!”

Her heart rate increased and her mouth went dry. “Phil?” she murmured, taking a few more steps forward. It certainly looked like Phil. Not tall, thinning blond curls, nerdy glasses, pocket protector, incredible stallion of a man in sheep’s clothing. Her whole body flushed with heat as memories of their encounter in the copier room filled her mind. What in the world, was he doing…? Who cared? She ran into his arms, engulfing him in her embrace. “Phil!”
Sounds like her decision not to take that one man up on his offer might have been the best decision for her after all.

It wasn’t the perfume,” Cat said, euphoria flooding her. She squealed with delight that she hadn’t felt since she was a teenager. Not only did Phil feel the same way about her, he wanted to get to know her better. Pushing him back onto the car, with the alarm still blaring, she climbed on top of him and continued covering his face with kisses. “I knew I hadn’t been sprayed, but I was so worried that you…”

“Are you nuts? Any man who needs a drug to fall in love with you is in serious need of a lobotomy. You are Eve and Aphrodite rolled into one. Perfection!” Phil rambled on between her kisses. “Wait. You weren’t sprayed?”

Cat shrugged demurely. “What can I say? I don’t need a pheromone perfume to know when there’s a hunk of prime grade-A meat in the room. When I see something I want, I go for it.”
Yup, she's going to be squarely occupied for the rest of the night. Possibly the rest of the weekend (It was a weekend when Fly Hard happened, right?)

One moment, Superman was there heating up her chest…
Ooooohh... sounds nice.

okay, the duct tape on her chest…
Or not.

Lois couldn’t believe him. Actually, she could. He was so… so… Clark! How in the world had she not seen it sooner? Glasses, ha! When they were alone, he wasn’t even acting differently now while in uniform. How could he believe that she still didn’t know? He must know that she knew. Why hadn’t he said anything? Why hadn’t she?
He either suspects she knows or doesn't care if she does know. Probably a bit of both. Why hadn't they talked about it? Because displaying it to the light of day it too frightening to contemplate.

‘Thanks, Chuck. Love you, too. Don’t hurry back. It’s not like my life was on the line or anything,’ she grumbled in her thoughts, hoping that Clark could telepathically hear her.
He is, but as far as I'm aware he neither knows it, nor do humans have the capacity to project (as far as I know.) It WOULD be interesting to see how long the knowledge that she knows would be kept hidden if both were the case (that he knew of the ability for telepathy and she was telepathic with her near-soulmate).

Still… a strong pair of hands to help would be nice, too.

As if he had read her mind, Clark opened the conference room door and returned. “Lois!” he said in dismay. “What happened to you?”

Lois pressed her lips together in annoyance. This whole façade of pretending her partner was two different people, even when they were alone, was way past old. “I could say the same of you.”
It would get annoying. I'm sure she'll have to keep that facade up for a fair bit longer, though. I can't think of too many instances he could have told her in the first part of Season 2.

“Then, what’s really the matter, Lois?” He caressed her jaw with the palm of his hand, running his thumb across her cheek. “I can tell that you’re angry with me. Why don’t you just spit out the reason.”

How did he do that? How did he know that she was venting her anger about one thing because she was really upset about another? Despite her better judgment, she relaxed into his hand on her cheek.
Has he seen it from her before?

“I’m tired, Clark. I’m tired of all this…” she said, raising her eyes to his. “Pretending.”

Clark rested his head against hers and his hand shifted to the back of her neck. “Me, too,” he whispered, tilting his chin to bring his mouth closer to hers. “Lois, the truth is I’m really…” Suddenly, he froze. Drawing away from her face, he started pulling the rest of the duct tape off her ankles.
I'm guessing her heard someone coming. Otherwise his pullaway it utterly maddening and deserves this emoticon. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Lois pressed her lips together in annoyance. Really? Again? She swore in languages she knew no other words in. She could set a clock by that man’s ability not to tell her anything. “You’re really what, Clark?” she asked.

“I’ll tell you later,” Clark mumbled as Perry burst through the conference room doors.
Yep, didn't want her venting at him in front of someone else. Guess he wanted to tell her at a time when she can truly go at him.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)