“For the six billionth time, boys, I belong to nobody but myself. I’m not a prized possession for you to fight over,” Lois said, jerking her hand away
This Luthor (and I dare say the main Luthor) would beg to differ.

Luthor stared at him as if he saw Clark in a new light. “Is that true? You saved my life, Kent?”

The retort ‘Don’t ask me if I’d do it again’ froze on Clark’s lips. In Luthor’s eyes, Clark saw awe and admiration, along with the unasked question: ‘Why?’ Clark cleared his throat. “You were dying, and I couldn’t let the bad guys win. Anyone would have done the same.” The phrase ‘don’t ask me if I’d do it again’ passed through his mind once more, but he kept it at bay.
You don't meet someone that would be willing to save a life even if it would benefit him everyday (at least in Clone-Luthor's eyes).

Clark wrapped his arms around her briefly and murmured in her ear, “Have I told you lately how much I love you?”

She paused and glanced up at him. “No, Chuck, you haven’t,” she said, and then continued working on the cuffs. She lowered her voice to a soft whisper, but didn’t glance his way again. “Minha already knows how much you love her. She…”
D'awwww... Clark probably hadn't even thought of that as a possibility (at least as a way to get out of the cuffs).

Is this the first time he's outright stated his love for her though? If so, I'm sure Lois is glowing internally.

It suddenly made a lot more sense to her than it had done before why Clark or Superman, or whoever was his true self, needed to have that other persona. Still, that didn’t explain why he couldn’t have just told her instead of playing this merry tune and making her dance. If she had known from the beginning… hell, at this point, she would have been happy knowing from the middle!... their lives would’ve been a whole lot less complicated.

Instead of working on taxes and making faux dates with creepy billionaires and whoring reporters from other news outlets, they could have been off on a romantic clothing-optional weekend.
angel-devil

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)