Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Well, I'm (undiagnosed) OCD too. I used to count things like lines in the wall or street signs, but when I'd read something with multiple lines, I had a tendency to make them add up to multiples of four. Still do, actually, just not as compulsively.
Yeah, the numbers thing is really weird (not for you, I'm not calling you a weirdo, just remarking on people's number issues in general...) :p . For example, I have a love of odd numbers, while my brother loves even ones. We do this thing with the time where we'll add up the numbers and do things to make it work like a math equation (drives my mom nuts because she hates math...)

My favorite line: "She likes it when I go commando in those," Clark winked.

My first thought was that he'd get out of the suit as fast as he could not because of germs but because his parents - [b]EW!!!
Gechhh!! I can't even type that.[/b]
Yeah, that's definitely apart of it. evil I didn't know how to say it either, so I just let it be chalked up to germs... blush

Let me encourage young Jonathan. If he can function on an adult level now, even with his tics and mannerisms and compulsions, he will grow out of some of that.[qb]
True... (hear that universe? There's hope for me yet! :p ) Kidding. I know, because I've made some progress, as has my brother... The fun part is having those mannerisms be set off. evil

[qb]And yay for Lois! She affirmed him very powerfully without setting the bar too high. She's placing her faith in him and his ability to succeed without making that a condition of her love. Even if he can't get past it, his parents will still accept him for who he is: a young man with almost limitless potential who's probably smarter than the two of them put together.
You phrased this so well! And thank you blush

My only concern for Jonathan is when he runs up against a no-win situation. As hard as his father took it when he couldn't save everyone, Jonathan will take it harder by orders of magnitude. And I hope one of his early missions doesn't involve cleaning up the aftermath of a tornado. That's nothing but chaos and broken structures and shattered lives. He won't be able to fix that as easily as he did the living room.
Too true.

Great story, Mouse. You've humanized Clark and Lois and their son without robbing them of their heroic roles, including Lois (a hero for selling out to help her son). I'll read more of these as soon as I find them on the boards.
Thank you! Glad you thought so highly of it! blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain