The next day, Claudia was telling everyone about Lou’s mommy issues and claiming he was a one minute man.
evil

The last thing she heard was her father shouting, “You make sure this Lou character knows you’re not that kind of girl!” and her mom admonishing, “Jonathon, it’s a new age. She can be that kind of girl if she wants, and it’s none of our business.”
evil

Clara smiled, and Louis’ heart gave an absurd flutter. Stop that, he told it. We’d ruin her.
Is that Hick for getting her with child?

Clara glared, but said, “Lex Luthor, why haven’t you been returning my phone calls?”

“Perfect! Once he comes over, give him your hand and introduce yourself. Then introduce me. I’ll take it from there.”
And he won’t notice the bait and switch?

He’d always hated it, because ‘Lou’ sounded like the sort of name a plumber or a mechanic might have.
Oh. To me, it also sounds like a film noir detective. Or it could be short for Filou. Both would fit evil

Louis felt his hands curl into fists. “Look, I have been trying to get this interview for over a year, so if you think that you’re just going to waltz in there and – ”
Wouldn’t it be fun if she took it all?

It occurred to him that Clara might not be as naïve as she first appeared. He’d have to keep an eye on her.
laugh

It was weird to think she had any feminine wiles at all. It was mostly the dress, she knew.
No, it would work too, if she were naked and tied to a pole.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.