Clark had just bolted out of the office with some lame excuse about going to meet a source,
How long will Lois be able to resist saying "yeah right, you need to go rescue someone as Superman."

Lois picked up her telephone and dialed Lex’s private line.
This is still a crazy pan.

I wanted to thank you again for the other night,” Lois said vaguely, lowering her voice. “Your consideration of me and my needs, as well as your generous offer were very kind. I’m honored, and more than a little flattered, that you thought of me.”
I am surprised she can pull off thanking him for being so creepy. How does she avoid shuddering at it all?

“Excuse me?” Lois asked, her heart racing. She took an extra glance at Clark’s desk to reassure herself that he wasn’t within earshot. Had Lex thought that his ‘companion’ speech in the bunker was a proposal of marriage?
No, not in a thousand years.

“To dinner, say once a week, to discuss current events. I’ll talk to you about what I’ve heard. You’ll talk to me about what you’ve heard,” he said. “It would be mutually beneficial.”
It will probably be mutually frustrating. They will both be trying to manipulate the other into helping their goals.

After what he had said in the bunker, and having most likely put the hit on Clark because of her, Lois knew Lex was lying.
grumble no direct interaction of Lois and Clark. grumble

Eugene Laderman’s trial was back on after a month of continuances.
I like this mention here. It always seemed odd that Lois had been covering the trial, and yet we never heard of it until it finished.

Clark felt like an idiot. Why had he opened his mouth last night?
Yes, why did he do it? If he hadn't than they would still be dating, at least until Lois figures out how to brake up with him. frown

He never should have told Lois that he had come there to break-up with her,
Actually, it was the most honest thing to do. How else was he to explain his extreme lack of appetite? Still, there was probably a way and it would have been wiser.

How could he have let Lois dump him? How?
Well, she is her own person, so as long as he respects her freedom he does let her do things. Hmm, I was thinking her talk of it being temporary and still loving him in her heart would have caused him to be less down about things. I guess he really did not hear that part. Not at least with the earnestness and truth it was spoken.

He had her exactly where he wanted her. He loved her, and she loved him. Not that they could do anything but date and kiss from now until kingdom come, or Herb returned,
Don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

John Pack Lambert