Bill had left word at the desk that he was waiting for Lois Lane. He suspected that she would arrive within an hour of his call to White, but she had made it in twenty-seven minutes.
He is underestimating her attachment to Clark.

Either she was ticked off as hell at him for requesting her presence in his office, or Kent meant more to her than she had ever led on.
I am so confused. Am I right in thinking this is not the Henderson who was there after the bombing of the Honeymoon Suite?

He knew that both could easily be true, but knowing Lane, if she had merely been mad, she would have ignored his summons unilaterally. Having beaten his estimate by more than a half-hour, led him to believe that Lane had been worried about Kent.
At least someone gets what is going on.

He stared at her, wondering if she had seen the resemblance that he had noticed.
So he does realize Clark looks like SM.

“No. He’s a material witness. Anyway, he’s not ready to see visitors,” Henderson said.
Somehow I don't see Lois being very keen about not seeing him.

He knew if he let her have access to Kent, she would throw a fit until he either was released into her custody, or until the whole media corps, and thus all of Metropolis, was aware that Kent was still alive, which Henderson was quite sure wasn’t in the best interest for Kent. Someone was after Kent, and the man had no recollection of who it was, let alone who he himself was. Until Kent remembered, it was best if he stayed under MPD guard.
Actually, wouldn't it be easier to get Lois to cooperate if they let her see him.

The idea that Kent might actually be Superman in disguise scared the hell out of him, particularly since he was vulnerable enough to not only be seriously injured but also treated with an IV. Bill refused to let himself consider that possibility for more than a minute at a time. If Superman had someone trying to kill his alter ego, had no memories, was vulnerable and therefore, had no powers, and there was an asteroid, with which they required his assistance, bearing down on the planet in just a few days time… no, Henderson didn’t want to dwell on the probability that his hunch could be right.
Yes, things look horrible right now.

“I’ve brought the clothes that you requested for him,” Lane said, pointing down at the bag.
I am surrpised she admits that so soon. It is a key bargaining chip.

I thought the Voyeur was just after the kink factor.”
Another false assumption.

“There’s a message on Clark’s answering machine from the National Bank of New Troy, about Clark’s safety deposit box having been one of the ones robbed in the day before yesterday’s hold-up,” she said, finishing up.
She seems to know more about that than Clark ever did.

“Well, someone bombed our suite at the Lexor Hotel a couple of weeks ago.
So it was the other Henderson that did follow up.

You saw Kent’s apartment, Ms. Lane. It wasn’t robbed; someone was looking for something. Do you know what?” Henderson asked. “Could it have something to do with one of your current stories?”
Maybe she will think it was Luthor looking for his past. OK, I doubt it, but I can hope.

“Before Nightfall, Clark and I were between investigations, so I don’t know to which story it could be related. As far as I know, he isn’t looking into anything on his own.”
Well that is one point where Lois is wrong. Clark is clearly doing an investigation on his own, although it has not made any progress lately.

Henderson shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He knew of one person Kent was investigating that he hadn’t yet told his partner about, Lex Luthor. If the MPD could tie Kent’s attempted murder to Luthor, it would break wide open the case against the man.
I can see why he might not want to tell Lois this. They still have absolutely no evidence.

“Whatever it was the robbers were looking for, they didn’t find it. Clark told me that he never keeps anything of value in his apartment, because he’s been robbed before,” Lane said.
Well he never said he was robbed around here.

Interesting tidbit, and yet his fingerprints weren’t on file, and neither were Superman’s for that matter. The hero had accidentally broken the blotter when the officer had tried to fingerprint him after his arrest during the November’s heat wave. They had only ended up with smudges. Now, Henderson wondered if it had been accidentally on purpose, so that Superman’s and Kent’s prints could never be compared as a way of identifying him.
So Henderson really does think SM=CK, even though he is hoping it is not so.

Lois stared at him as if the thought never occurred to her. “I… I… don’t know. I didn’t even know he had one until last night. Why don’t you ask him?”
Henderson is going to try to doge that question. If Lois knowns CK has amnesia she will really want to go see him.

Now, Henderson wondered if White left him with the unpleasant task of informing Lane of her partner’s mental condition. From the way she was acting, he doubted Lane would let drop the matter of Kent’s location, if she knew he had no memories.
Actually I don't see her letting that issue drop under any circumstances at all.

Did she know about the similarities that he had noticed between Kent and Superman?
Anything that might suggest such she has managed to dismiss.

If Lane knew that Kent was Superman, and that the world needed Superman to save it from the asteroid, maybe that was why she wanted to contact her partner,
At this point she might claim such just to contact him, but clearly she wants to find CK way more than SM.

She thought for a moment before snapping her fingers. “Christmas! Another floater was found in that exact location, wasn’t it? Sounds like Metropolis has a serial killer, Inspector.”

“It could be a coincidence,” he replied.
Well there is a connection, but it is actually all Lois' fault.

I need to get that story from him to give to Perry.
I don't think Clark ever wanted her to tell Perry that story.

This tender, caring partner routine almost had him convinced.
Actually she is majorly downplaying how much she cares about Clark. I don't think the story is really what she wants at all, just an excuse.

Lane considered this, before asking, “Will you let me see Clark?”
smile1 she has outmanovered Henderson.

Ouch, Bill thought, rubbing his neck and setting the bag back onto his desk. He had never seen Mad Dog Lane use the guilt card before. Who knew she could wield it so skillfully?
hyper hyper she will find Clark yet.

Yes, putting a tracker on the bag would have been easier than following him herself, but more problematic, being that it was the MPD. They didn’t like it when people bugged their employees.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plus, if they detected it, the whole process would have failed.

[quote]She had gotten the feeling that Henderson was holding out on her. There was something he wasn’t telling her.
Actually there are lots of things he is not telling her.

Henderson’s car eventually turned into the parking lot of Metropolis County Hospital.
hyper she has found the hospital.

She should have known. It was the closest hospital to the docks. It wasn’t her usual stomping grounds, so the nursing staff wouldn’t know her on sight, which was good.
clap

After half an hour of wandering the halls, feeling completely lost, Lois finally rounded a corner and saw a uniformed policeman, sitting outside a door. He held a cup of coffee and was reading a magazine. BINGO! She had found Clark.
party Although how is she going to outmanover the officer?

The rooms on either side of Clark were being left empty for some reason, probably for his safety. Her esteem of Henderson rose another notch. The inspector would not be a happy camper if Lois were caught breaking into her partner’s room. So, she better not get caught.
Well, I guess we do not have to bring out the wildguys since Lois and Clark are in the same building. I was hoping she would figure out a way past the gaurd sooner, but I guess I have to wait.

John Pack Lambert