“And you can’t rush off, calling every hospital out there and trying to find out which one has Clark,”
Lois:What? Then how am I going to find my partner?

“Whoever went after Kent may go after you as well, or might be following you because he knows that you’re partners. Inspector Henderson wants you both in protective custody.”
Hmm, I guess this makes sense at some level. However it is probably overly caustious. Although, maybe Lois is still being tailed. Actually, probably not if Luthor does not realize she is looking for Clark.

“Yes!” Lois latched onto that word and pointed at him. “Thank you, Jimmy. Clark’s my partner and my best friend. I need to see him.” She focused her gaze their boss with an extra emphasis. “I need to see for myself that he’s okay.”
I think this is all reasonable.

“At the Twelfth Precinct,” Perry replied. “And, Lois, for Clark’s sake, don’t tell anyone!”
This might be quite difficult for her.

Lois glanced down at it. Lex Luthor telephoned and wants to meet with you. She balled it up and stuffed it into her coat pocket after pressing the elevator call button.
I was hoping she would totally ignore the message from Joe. Now I have to fear she might go see Luthor which would be really bad.

It might be a cold day in hell, but it didn’t mean she would meet with Lex while Clark was in the hospital.
smile1 she is putting off meeting Luthor. I don't trust him to let her leave a meeting.

John Pack Lambert