Originally posted by Sydney:
So, Alt-Clark will save this dimension's Clark ; DreamClark will become CanonClark ...and I don't know and I'm lost and I have an headache ! <<super confused Reader needs help>>
Sorry, Sydney. blush

Canon Clark and canon Lois are alive and well over in Herb's original dimension. They haven't factored in this story except how they've related to alt-Clark in canon.

DreamClark = GhostClark = this dimension's true Clark is actually an alt-version of canon Clark, if canon Clark had been killed by Tempus as a baby. If at the point where Tempus tried to kill baby Kal-El the two dimensions separated: one was canon where Kal-El survived and was raised by the Kents, and the other is this current dimension, where he died.

This is how this alt-canon Lois has memories of canon Lois, because up until Perry's birthday in 1995, she lived the same life as canon Lois, but then it was "erased" (repressed is more like it) when baby Kal-El was killed. Then her life continued from Perry's birthday 1995 onwards per "Another Lois". When this dimension was destroyed, Herb discovered it and decided that if alt-Clark came to this dimension, he'd realize that not all Loises were the loving, sweet one he met when canon Lois visited his dimension to save him from Tempus and make him Superman. He would return to his dimension and not try to save his Lois from her past fate and move-on with his life as Superman. He might create a Utopia, but -- Herb doesn't think that's possible with alt-Lois anyway. And this dimension's Lois would realize that Clark wasn't her imagination and wouldn't go crazy and, therefore, be able to save this dimension from destruction. Herb didn't know that Lois had "brought" Clark's soul with her into the "Another Lois" future, and it wasn't her 'imagination' which made everyone think she was crazy, but her true (ghost) Clark, who's soul was stuck to hers.

When Herb brought alt-Clark to this dimension, he essentially broke that tie between this Lois and her true Clark's soul, but she still "remembers" those past alternative futures in the form of echoes, dreams, and "psychic" visions.

What Herb didn't count on was this Clark falling in love with Mad Dog Lane.

Alt-Clark is from alt-dimension, currently living in this alt-canon-dimension. In this part, Alt-Clark (our Clark of this story) has just discovered it might be able to rescue this dimension's Lois's true Clark, who he doesn't know is the equivalent to the other Clark married to the Lois who made him Superman.

Oh, dear, I hope I haven't confused you more. laugh

Poor Alt-Clark! Will he be alone again?
That's the question, isn't it? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.