She was nervous wreck about the city of Metropolis forcing Superman to leave,
I am pretty sure this should be "a nervous wreck".

“You’re out late, Herb,” Clark said, straightening his glasses and addressing the man in the familiar bowler hat.
What is the hour to a time traveler?

“Maybe I shouldn’t carry my stuff around in a box. It seems to give everyone the wrong impression.
Lois: Well, if you hadn't run off on me in my dream, Clark.

Well, honestly, things could be better. Currently, Superman is being driven out of town on a rail.”
Lois: At least I am not urging the driving of him out.

Clark: True. Which is why I didn't say "things couldn't be worse".

Lois: I am working with you as my partner, I touched you this evening, they could be a lot worse.

Clark: I know. Still, you can't tell me you are glad I, I mean Superman was thrown in jail.

Lois: See, you could be thrown in jail for rescuing lives like Superman was, things could be a lot worse for you Chuck.

Clark: grumble If you only knew.

Lois: What?

Clark: You didn;t believe me when I told you last time.

Herb stopped and looked at Clark with a perplexed expression. “Figure it out? You mean Superman isn’t leaving Metropolis?” he asked, holding up the evening edition of the Daily Planet, which clearly stated that was what Superman had volunteered to do.
Clark: Just because Superman leaves Metropolis doesn't mean I have to.

Lois: grumble you double-crossing, no good, grumble I think you were more complicit in bringing Tempus to terrorize us and knew more of the consequences than you ever admit. grumble

“Okay. I’m the first to admit I’ve some failings in life. I’ll never be perfect like the Clark from your dimension, but I’m no Lex Luthor either.”
Canon Lois: Clark left me during the heatwave. OK, he was only gone a day, but still. Well, day and a half. It was a long day and a half.

Canon Clark: But you saw me during that time.

Canon Lois: I didn't know it then, so it doesn't count.

“No person is perfect, Clark. Everyone makes mistakes, even the Clark Kent married to the Lois you first met,” Herb assured him. “But I can tell you that this Ms. Lane, your current partner, wouldn’t have ended up with Lex Luthor, had she never met you.”
Umm, actually, she did. True, she was his prisoner, but still. Of course, Herb thinks she died that night, but he is wrong. Anyway, they only did not end up together because she thought he died.

Lois: Maybe we were going on dates, but it wasn't like we were engaged.

“You’ve contacted the Kents? You’ve spoken with them about Kal-El… um… their Clark?” Herb sputtered, clearly in surprise.
Clark: Lois knows about him too.

“Yes. It’s nice to have someone else to talk to and give me advice, especially about Lois,”
Clark: Thus there is even more reason to stay here and not go back to the demension where everyone I care about is dead. Jimmy, Martha, Jonathan, Lois.

Wells raised a hand. “All right, you wish to stay here. Nevertheless, what about your home universe? Are you going to leave it without a Superman? Those people need you just as much as these people do,” Herb reminded him.
Clark: Well if I leave this universe will be without a Superman. What do you want me to do, jump between both universes on a regular basis. Hmm, actually, it might work. Although, probably not.

“It’s a temporary blip. An annoyance to be sure, but it will pass as soon as the truth is revealed,”
Clark: Plus, Lois is not blaming me. That's all that really matters.

“Yes, they found his spaceship as my folks had. Well, not exactly, it was dusk, not mid-afternoon when they discovered it, and it wasn’t because of a meteor shooting out of the sky but because of a fire in Shuster’s woods. They also came across a piece of Kryptonite inside the ship,” Clark explained. “I believe someone else must have traveled back in time to kill him, as Tempus did in your dimension,
Clark, you are so close.

unless Kryptonite is a component of the ship’s engine.
Maybe. I guess he doesn't know how long Clark had been dead.

I’ve examined the spaceship from this dimension, and it didn’t appear damaged in any way. I could not see how Kryptonite could factor into its design. Have you learned for certain that Kryptonite will kill me? Or does it just remove my abilities, thus making me vulnerable enough to be killed? Tempus seemed pretty certain that…”
See, Clark is trying to learn the truth about this matter.

Clark’s shoulders fell in disappointment, although not in surprise. So much for that theory. “So the more often I’m exposed to Kryptonite doesn’t lessen its affects on me or doesn’t lessen my recovery time? I won’t build up resistance over time?” he asked in hope.
Another sign he takes this seriously. He did not test this risky hypothesis.

H
erb shook his head again. “I’m sorry, Clark. I’ve never heard of either those aspects of being true;
I think it should be "as being true", but maybe this phrasing works as well, it seems odd to me though.

“Me, too,” Clark said with a sigh, as another pipe dream bit the dust. “What did you find out on your research of this dimension’s history? Did you discover why Lois has these semi-psychic feelings?”
In less than a day. Has Wells done any research? It seems like he is making Clark do all the work, and withholding information that would held him function better.

“But he died back in 1966!” Clark interrupted. “How could they’ve met? That was before she was even born.”
Wells: But maybe she was there when he died, like she was when he almost died in our demension.

Hmm, does Clark know that much about the incident, or does he just know that Tempus tried to go back in time and kill Superman, without knowing how he was thwarted.

“Yes, but that may only be because someone came back in time and changed history, killing off this universe’s Clark Kent before his rightful time. As I was trying to elucidate before, if this Ms. Lane had already met her Clark, these semi-psychic feelings she experiences with you could be actual memories of what happened in her previous life with him.”
Plus the ones of her life with no Clark at all. Of course those normally manifest as nightmares, because that is what such a life would be. I mean Another Lois broke the body count meter, and we never even learned any number on how many people neo-Noah killed.

Clark stared at Herb. He was at a loss for words. He hadn’t thought through all the implications of what it meant if someone had gone into the past to kill off Kal-El. Up until now, at this very moment, he hadn’t considered the fact that maybe this Lois had met her Clark in his previous life. This Lois could have known, loved, and even married her Clark before his life was wiped from her existence,
Lois: Is that why I have memories of him carrying me over the threshold in the honeymmon suite.

It would explain Lois’s inconsistencies for her feelings for him. It would explain how she was attracted to him, but repelled by him at the same time.
I guess, but some of that is also her feelings for Superman, who is also him.

It would also explain why she thought he was “leaving” her tonight, if her Clark had temporarily left her when her Superman had been driven out of Metropolis.
Thus now Clark has a real chance to be "right Clark" by doing this right.

It would explain her use of the word “again”, as in “don’t leave me again” when he, Clark, had never “left her” before.
dance Clark understands Lois. Now he just has to figure out a way to tell her about this without her thinking he is crazy.

PR: he could tell her CK=SM and then about the other demension, and then about Tempus, and then about time-travel killing.

NR:She'll still think he's crazy.

PR: There is some hope. OK, a very small amount.

With the realization that he would have to return to his home dimension, if they were able to rescue this dimension’s Clark, his stomach sank like concrete.
Well, that is a pretty tall order. To rescue Clark they need to figure out how to restore Tempus, but they don't even know Tempus is the one to restore.

I really hope Clark does not just give up. Otherwise we will have shock I hope that Clark does not take the universe reverting too much to heart and act on his attraction to Lois when he gets a chance assuming that everything will be destroyed anyway and she will not remember.

John Pack Lambert