Dr. Sam Lane looked Clark up and down, and asked, “What exactly is your relationship with my daughter?”
He just jumps right in with the tough questions, eh?

“Lois would have made a damn fine surgeon. Her test scores were high enough, heaven knows she’s smart enough, and she doesn’t get squeamish at a little blood,” Dr. Lane said proudly and then shook his head. “It’s a shame.”
A shame that she followed her dream? What a nice dad xD

Dr. Lane went back to packing his bag. “If she doesn’t have the guts to march with the big boys…”
She’s trying to protect you!

He was working the story Perry had assigned him, but in a way where she’d still get all the credit. Damn him! Clark was making it all but impossible to stay angry at him.
Good!

Lois stared at Clark across the newsroom. He was busy on another story and didn’t notice her staring. His shirt sleeves were rolled up and a pencil was stuck studiously behind his right ear. On anyone else, she would have thought the look would be nerdish at best. On Clark it was particularly sexy. She closed her eyes and recalled his breath on her neck as he told her what a wonderful reporter she was and how he understood why she didn’t want him as a partner. The combined effect was like an aphrodisiac. Clark didn’t understand anything at all.
clap

She quickly glanced up and saw that Clark was looking at her once more. He had to stop doing that. She couldn’t concentrate. She couldn’t think. When he looked at her like that, it was all she could do to stop herself from jumping over his desk and knocking him to the floor, her mouth on his.
laugh

“Go and eat dinner together, celebrate your big coup story-wise, possibly your new partnership, and have the best sex of your life. You might as well end your misery, and his, and mine, and do it tonight,” Cat said, leaning up against the sinks. “No time like the present.”
clap

“If Clark looked at me the way he looks at you, there’s no way we’d be ‘just friends’.”
clap

“I’ve come to realize it’s not me who he wants. Clark is in love with you, and has been since the day he walked into the Planet, probably always will be,” Cat said, blotting her lipstick. She glanced at Lois via the mirror. “Don’t act shocked, Lois. Everyone knows this. Everyone.” She rolled her eyes. “Including you. I mean the man wears his heart on his sleeve. It’s quite obvious. I know he’s a reporter and a co-worker and that’s against your ‘rules’. But I’m telling you, you might as well cave now, because you will eventually anyway, especially under those radiant brown eyes of his. The sexual tension in the newsroom is so thick we’re going to need a chainsaw soon to walk to our desks.”

“You… You didn’t sleep with Clark?” Lois sputtered in disbelief.
It STILL hasn’t sunk in yet?! wink

“A girl has to have something to look forward to in life, doesn’t she?”
Yep.

Oh, God, she hoped it didn’t take that long.
evil

“Unhand her!” demanded a voice from the shadows.

“Clark!” Lois yelled, but it wasn’t Clark. It was Lex Luthor. “Lex?”
Oh, boy. If it’s up to Lex, she’s in trouble.

Lois turned and karate chopped Menken’s gun hand, just as an explosion ripped through the alley, echoing off the brick walls. A sharp, burning sensation penetrated her body, causing her to gasp and bump against Menken, who was caught off guard and stumbled backwards towards a pile trash.
shock

I didn’t mean she had to get shot! Just be in trouble!! Oh, Lois, how do these things always happen to you?