You're back! hyper I missed you! I hope your vacation was great! laugh

“She’ll never put a good word in for me with Lucy now,” James went on with disappointment.

“Now?” Clark repeated. Didn’t Jimmy just go out with Lucy the night before?

“What? I know it was a stretch to hope she’d put in a good word before, but now…” James shrugged.
Uh oh. Did the other Jimmy go out with Lucy? Bad Jimmy! Didn't you know Jimmy liked her!?
(Too many Jimmys confused )

With a slight wince, Clark realized what happened and felt bad for his friend. “I’m sure it’s all a misunderstanding, Jimmy. By the way, did you ever tell your cousin about your interest in Lois’ sister?”

“Gosh, no,” his friend said with a surprised laugh. “You couldn’t tell by looking at him, but Jimbo actually does better with the ladies than I do.” He shook his head. “Although, I cannot fathom why. Do you know he was out half the night on date last night? He convinced some girl he met yesterday to go to the Godfather Trilogy they were showing at the Metropolis Bijou all night. I’ll have a better shot with Lucy if he never finds out about her.”

Clark wasn’t familiar with the films. “He wouldn’t ask out someone you were interested in, would he?” he inquired casually, slowly sorting through the files that James had brought him.

“Never! But it would best never to put him on Lucy’s radar. With my luck she’d prefer his lackadaisical style to my classic one,” James replied, tugging on the collar of his oxford shirt.
...Oh, maybe he didn't know...

“Jimmy, where in tarnation…” Perry started and then he saw the box. “What’s that?”

“Well, I rode the elevator down with a guy from maintenance and I asked him if it was possible to get you a mini-fridge for your office to keep a couple dozen sodas in. I figured that was a better use of my time than making a run whenever you got an urge for caffeine. As it happens, one of the suits upstairs had rejected this one for being too small. I’m sorry it took so long, but they had me fill out a requisition form. Then they wouldn’t approve it because I’m just a summer intern, so I hit on the idea of borrowing James’ employee number. Sorry, cuz,” Jimbo said with a glance to James. “I figured that would be faster than coming back here and starting the process over again.”
Nice, Jimbo. You should've thought of that James!

“Never mind, Jimmy, Jimmy found it for me,” Lois said over her shoulder as she quickly scanned the article on Golden Boy Barnes. As the words left her mouth, she realized the mistake she had made. “Jimmy?” She turned and glowered at the young man in the doorway. “Were you the one out with my sister last night?”

Jimbo looked like a deer caught in a hunter’s sights. “Yeah,” he answered slowly. “We got to talking yesterday when she stopped by the office. She said that you’d said good things about me, so I assumed…”

Lois shot a thumb out to his cousin. “Him! I had said good things about him. I don’t know you.”
I liked this part smile

She glanced up from where her hand was rubbing circles on Clark’s comforter and saw Superman standing on Clark’s balcony staring at her through his bedroom windows.

They stared at one another for a couple of seconds before he took off into the air. Oh, God! What had she done? What must Superman think? Of this situation? Of her? Of her and Clark?
How is she going to explain that?

With her eyes closed, Lois wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head upon his shoulder. “I love you,” she murmured.

“Lois, I…” he began to respond, just as a spattering of gunfire cut him off. “I should go.”

“No! You can’t see them,” she reminded him, holding tightly to his neck. “They’ll shoot you.”

Superman smiled at her and with a tender caress, tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, before gently removing her arms from his neck. “I’ll be okay, Lois. Bullets don’t hurt me.”
smile

“We got interrupted before I could respond,” he murmured. “I wanted to tell you that…”

Lois turned away from him. “I know. You’re flattered. You’re honored. But that you don’t feel that way for me. Or you can’t feel that way about me, because of your whole oath thing. You just want to be friends. I know, you don’t need to tell me. That still doesn’t change the way I feel about you.” She couldn’t face him while he was rejecting her, once again.

“No, Lois,” he said softly. “I wanted to tell you that I feel the same way.”
hyper
Please don't be a dream, please don't be a dream...

Her brow furrowed in confusion as he stepped out of her window and for a brief moment she lost sight of him. Then he stepped back inside; only now, he was Clark Kent.

“But you can kiss me instead,” Clark said, holding out his arms.
Oh, no! It's going to be a dream isn't it?!

Oh, Lex. Now it could be a nightmare lol

She had just made out with Superman in her dreams and now he was there in person. She was alone in her living room with Superman. Alone in the privacy of her apartment, because Lucy was not yet back from her waitressing job. Alone with Superman.
Alright. Take two. Maybe this one will go better.

“I would rather that we both suffer a lifetime of friendship, than to ever risk your life even once because of me,” Superman replied softly.

“How noble of you, but it’s my life, and if I want to risk it by being with whomever I choose to be with, that’s my right and my decision,” Lois told him. “And I won’t let you, or anyone else, take that away from me.”

“You’re angry,” Superman said. He hadn’t asked; he was stating the obvious fact.

To cement the fact of how extremely angry she was, Lois made her voice calm and said, “No, I’m not mad; I’m hurt.”

He flinched
This isn't going any better...

“No,” he said, stepping away, back towards the windows. His longing gaze never left hers as he stepped onto the window frame. “If I allow…”

Allow? There was that word again, just like in her dream. Lois rushed up to the window to watch him go. “You better not send Clark Kent back to kiss me instead,” she murmured under her breath as he zipped into the sky.

A moment later, Superman returned. Confusion, but not jealousy, covered his face as he hovered once more at her window. “Excuse me?”
smile

“You wanted to kiss me, but ‘it wasn’t allowed’,” she said impersonating his deep timbre. “So, you sent Clark to kiss me in your place.”

Superman stared at her as his eyes widened. “You dreamed about kissing Clark?” A smile burst across his face as he laughed.

“It isn’t that funny. Clark happens to be quite the kisser,” Lois scolded, a part of her still hoping to make him jealous enough to kiss her to prove himself the superior kisser, but her defense of Clark only made him laugh harder. She pressed her lips together in annoyance as she leaned against the window frame.
clap

So, Superman didn’t want her dating Lex Luthor. She could work with that.
evil

I LOVED this last part with Lois and Superman, pay no attention to my earlier complainants about being a dream. What do I know anyway? Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

X