Clark landed on the roof of the Daily Planet building and looked down at his tattered cape. Terrific, and he had only brought the one suit with him. Now, he was going to have to make himself a new cape before Superman could go out again. He was going to have to sew it himself, not having time to find a tailor he could trust in such short amount of time. He sighed and spun into his business suit.
Oh dear, this is going to be a big problem. Hope he learned to sew. And can you imagine what it might be like when he does get a tailor? I wonder if that guy's going to be as discreet as Clark's going to need.
“Badge of honor more like it,” Jimmy scoffed. “Normally she’s not this bad; I’ve never seen her this worked up. This Superman guy really pushes her buttons. You’re so smooth, CK. I really thought it would take Godzilla to knock Mad Dog down to size.”

“Godzilla? Good one, Jimmy!” Cat laughed as she walked by, eavesdropping of course. “Between the two of them who do you think has the bigger ego?”

“Hey, that’s my new partner you’re talking about. Let’s show her some respect,” Clark said, defending Lois in absentia, and shooting Cat a glare.

She responded by rolling her eyes. “Mama isn’t here, sweet cheeks. You don’t have to behave.”
Aww, how sweet of Clark! And Cat it doesn't matter if she's not there. She has spies everywhere (where do you think women get their sources after all)!
Clark rolled his eyes, tired of line of conversation already. “I’d appreciate it if you would fix this.”

Cat’s responding chuckle had a seductive quality to it. “And ruin my reputation?” She caressed his jaw with her fingertips.

He crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. “If you don’t, I will. I know your dirty, little secret.” He swirled around his index finger and pointed it at her.

Her brow furrowed. “And what secret, pray tell, would that be?”

Clark looked her straight into the eyes. “That under this aloof, sex goddess façade there lies the well-rounded heart of a kind, sweet, intelligent human being with easily hurt feelings.”

She got to her feet, her eyes wide. “You wouldn’t dare,” she growled.
Heeheeheeeee.... Oh Cat, you may be something of a mistress interrogator/interviewer but I think Clark's got your inner self down pat.

While she watched him cross the room, she thought about the feeling of protection having his hand on the small of her back had given her. It had almost been like he was leading her in a dance: gentle, respectful, and damn romantic. No wonder Cat had wanted to bed the man; he had the softest touch. She shook that thought out of her mind.
Awww... I know the real Lois doesn't admit to her foibles but it's only a matter of time, isn't it? (And no, I don't expect an answer on that count.)

“It looks bad from where I’m standing,” Clark said, almost under his breath.

“What? Do you get nauseated at the sight of blood? Because if that’s true, we might as well break up the partnership right now. You’ll never survive,” Lois said with a chuckle.

Clark knelt down in front of her and tried to apply a wet paper towel to her forehead.

She grimaced at the pain, jumping to her feet. “I’ll take care of this myself.”

“Sit down, you big baby, and let me do this,” he countered, nudging her back to the seat. “Please, to ease my guilt.”

“What guilt would that be?” she asked, and he blanched. Yep, he was definitely hiding something. Was he not joking? Did he really get sick from the sight of a little blood?

“For not being there when you needed me,” he murmured. “For allowing you to get hurt, when I could have stopped it.”
Oh Clark you're throwing hints out there left, right and center. It'll be a miracle if you survive as "two men" until the canonical time frame.
Clark slowly set the bandage on her head, running his fingers over the flaps to smooth out any wrinkles. He really did have a light touch. His gaze dropped from her forehead to her eyes and with him there, hesitating less than a foot away from her, his breath tickling her cheeks and his fingers caressing her skin, it felt like he was going to kiss her.

Oh, no! She couldn’t let that happen!

Not in the newsroom.
And yet she wouldn't be averse to the kiss in the first place.

Lois smiled. She liked that Clark wasn’t a yes-man. Therefore when he did agree with her, he meant it. Oh, yes, she could get used to having Clark as a partner, especially since he had Superman’s unlisted phone number. She grabbed his arm. “Clark! Superman!”

He gulped and when she realized he was staring at her hand on his arm, she removed it. “What about him?” he inquired softly.

She looked at him as if he were an idiot. “Clark, Superman is the key, the glue to all these stories. We need to talk to him.” Lois lowered her voice to a whisper and leaned close to her partner. “Why don’t you give me his number and…?”

Clark started to laugh. “Not going to happen, Lois.”
rotflol rotflol rotflol Oh Lois, I love how you're trying to keep him off-guard on the off-chance that you'd get him to spill his phone number. His own phone number.

“But he wouldn’t mind if I had it,” she hissed.

“Why? Because you’re head cheerleader for team Super?” he replied.

Lois snarled at him. “It’s not like that, and you know it!”

Clark pressed his lips together and raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

“Don’t you think that should be his decision and not yours?” she snapped, pointing her finger at him.
Of course it's Superman's decision. Of course because Clark and Superman are the same person it [I]is[/is] Clark's decision too.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)