If she knew why he was rescuing her, would she resent him?
Duh!

Would she think that he felt she owed him something?
As in sexual favors?

Would he ever be able to convince her that he would be happy just having her in the world?
Yeah. Right.

Breathing in. Breathing out.
Maybe next to him in bed.

Knowing she was safe, hopefully happy.
After said sexual favor.

He would not expect anything nor should he.
Except the sex.

He would love her. He didn’t require that she return his love.
Eeehhh… It might help if it was mutually contentious. Less hassle.

“I hate leaving any dimension without a Superman.”
This dimension killed off their Lois. It doesn’t deserve a Superman.

“She’s not your Lois. Remember that, Clark. This might not work.”
Eeeehhh…

ordinary man be able to catch the heart of Lois Lane, ace investigative reporter at the Daily Planet?
Without another woman to make him interesting? Oh, right. You didn’t mention an abundance of cattiness.

If Clark was able to win this new Lois’ heart, he would be free and clear to love her without fear that someday the rightful Clark from this dimension would show up and call foul!
Eeeeeehhhh… /has noticed that Virginia did never mention the title of Book 3/

Superman Cheats Landowner Out of Fortune in Gold.
He could dig on the bottom of the sea? Or, actually, go after the Caribbean gold?

He had been pleased to hear himself called ‘jerk’, ‘tourist’, ‘hick’, and ‘goody-goody two shoes’
confused

– the last for depositing a rare piece of trash he had found on the ground in a garbage can.
Wow, people are attentive in this Metropolis. Usually, you only get talked at if you cause discomfort to someone.

He smiled, Lana had hated this place.
wave Michael

Edit: BttF has swear words in them? Huh. I really need to dig out those DVDs. And Short Circuit, too? jawdrop Of course, I've always only seen the synchronized version (need to get my hands on the original). Maybe they cut them out... Probably, considering what they did to Bruce Willis's catchphrase from Die Hard in German. I think it's even less of an invective than 'bastard' is compared to what he says in English.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.