Hi, Christina: If things weren't difficult between Lois and Clark, there wouldn't be much of a story, would there? Boy meets girl, girl falls for him, he falls for her, the end. Nah! How about some angst instead?

Probably because what I'm seeing feels so out of character for the two of them.
Okay, you lost me here. What would be out of character? <<bites fingernails>> Alt-Clark falling for another Clark's Lois? Alt-Clark asking canon Lois to stay in his dimension because he fell in love with her? Alt-Clark almost kissing another Clark's wife? Oh, wait, THAT happened in canon already. That's why Clark moved to this dimension, no other Clark competition. wink Or so he thinks.

It sounds like he's going to be happy that he can finally have control over his own cash. That's definitely an interesting facet to have to deal with.
Kind of like a kid having to ask for money to do something, it's kind of bothersome.

I guess it's better to learn that now than after you've applied for the Daily Planet after all.
Yep.

No pressure of the suit to remind him of how different he actually is from the rest of the world.
No temptation to rush off and save someone while in the Suit before he's come up with another way to announce Superman's presence in this dimension. Plus, he needed a weekend off.

Superman's taking a week off. Probably for longer than the Canon Clark went between a day off.
Well, there were a few times in S1, when Lois mentioned that no one had seen Superman for days. So, he accomplished it at first.

Do you think it has anything to do with Tempus' trip into the past? I mean does that part of his history still stand?
The American Civil War (1861-1865) was different. Tempus was sent into the past in 1866. Since the doorway into the past (pre 1966) is currently sealed shut. Canon dimension and this alt-canon-dimension share a past May 16, 1966 and before.

Wow, I hadn't actually thought that Jonathan's accident had happened before Clark had become Superman. I'm sure like many people, I thought it had happened during series (I don't remember the episode but I distinctly remember a scene where Clark was already going to visit and caught Jonathan falling off of a ladder while painting the barn.)
"Madame Ex" when Clark comes to discuss Lois saying that she was fine despite her failed wedding to Lex. But that was with a CK in dimension. With no CK to paint the barn for him on a regular basis, this Jonathan painted it a couple of years earlier.

Somehow I suspect Alt-Clark will be making a regular trip out to the Kent farm. Possibly becoming their surrogate son unintentionally (or maybe not, I guess we'll have to see.)
[Linked Image]

Thanks for the detailed FDK, Christina. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.