Mouserocks: Ah, Martha. I think the gentle readers need to remember what this must have been like from her POV. Here's a woman who tells Martha that she's looking for a tall, dark, and handsome man roughly her own age. Then Martha finds out that Lois is a reporter and she's actually looking for Martha's "son" -- who happens to be a dead baby alien, she had found 30 years before; so initially she thinks eek "our secret is out". Then Lois tells her that "Clark" grown-up self is communicating with her from the beyond and that she can save him from that fate. Does Lois sound like someone sane enough for Martha and Jonathan should believe? Especially if Lois hasn't mentioned Clark's most unique secret? NOPE! She's nutso, and the Kents don't want to have anything to do with her. laugh Don't worry, their part in this story isn't over yet.

Or is it one of those situations where he only knows what Lois knows at the time (or at least, that's what he will claim)?
Clark's reticence in Smallville will be explained later.

Methinks that will not go over so well. And Lois seems so sensitive about the lying issue, especially now of all times, after discovering Luthor's betrayal of her. Surely Clark sees this, right? Right...? Clark!
Yep, there's some of that, and something else.

Patrick? Patrick?! No! There's no Superman here! Don't go, Lois! Don't do it!
clap Glad I didn't scare you away with my lack of reaction from the Kents. Phew!

Yes, sad that Martha and Jonathan did not give Lois more of a chance. So, I'm guessing Martha is *not* dreaming about Clark.
Nope. I believe Clark's exact words (from Part 16) were:

There’s you, and there’s me. There is no beyond. That I can communicate with you is miracle enough for me.
That is all of a clue I can give at this time.

This is all so complicated, I think now *I'm* getting a headache!
Terribly sorry. I have more Headache shots left. Want one? evil And I'm looking forward to not being killed before I can post Book 2. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.