I've been deliquent in posting comments lately but know that I've been following this story and have been enjoying it.

I'm not one who is ususally fond of strict episode rewrites, but the absent Clark twist makes it more interesting. It's fun to watch the clever ways you are able to hold to canon while 'filling in' for the absent Clark.

Now we are heading into one of my favorite parts of Lois' journey. The... (wait for it)... haircut!

Aside from liking the way Lois looked in the shorter style, I've always thought of it as the physical signal of the change in Lois and Clark's relationship. It represented the 'change' in Lois and the change in her attitude about love and acceptance of another.

Since the show never revealed Lois' thought process behind the decision, it should be easy to incorporate it into your partially altered storyline. It could be as simple as a miscue at the salon or as complicated as some convoluted series of events which lead to Lois' losing some hair.

I can see it being a move on Lois' part to further discourage Dan's affections. Hopeing (or based on some comment he'd made) he won't like her in short hair, she gets it cut. Obviously it's her hair and no man can tell her how she should wear it.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who would think that Lois' decision would be supported by her 'Clark voice' since we all know that Clark likes Lois in short hair)