And now for the grand finale!

You needed more exposure if they were going to keep you blind because UV light damages the cornea and the surface of the cornea usually regenerates itself every twenty-four to forty-eight hours - unless there are complications.”
Complications, huh? Is that what we call Clark trying to help, now?

Most people would know that it was the wrong thing to do because of the pain it would have caused. But you don’t have that advantage because...” Her voice dropped to a whisper. “...you don’t feel pain.”
Same thing with Lois. Regular guys feel the knee to the … really sensitive body part when they really tick off their girlfriend by breaking up with her. Clark on the other hand, just thinks Lois is coming on to him.

“Actually, it’s not exactly that easy. It would have been if we had figured this out when it first happened. But you’ve done a lot of damage since then. And the retina doesn’t regenerate the way the cornea does.”
So, he stays blind?

She gave him a swat in response.
Hey, it’s a reasonable worry! Clark might tell it in such a way that Mayson’s a saint and Lois the evil other woman who first stole Mayson’s boyfriend with her wicked sexual ways and then tried to ruin Mayson’s career, too.

“You? An invalid? Not likely,” Henderson snorted. “Besides, I don’t really care how you’re doing.” He shrugged his shoulders dismissively.
clap

“Someone sent you flowers and said they were from me? When I find out who is trying to make me look human, he’s going to pay.”
*G*

“The D.A.’s office is currently drawing up attempted murder charges against Mayson Drake so I need...”

“No.”
Now look at that!

he hadn’t said anything about Mayson possibly killing Clark.
clap

“Clemmons is a jerk. Tell him if he does this, I intend to offer myself as a witness for the defense.”
:p Wouldn’t it be even more fun to have her a witness for the prosecution and flip on the stand?

“Yeah, well... I just sort of reacted when I saw the gun.
She really needs to get that reflex fixed. Also, can you imagine if Clark got shot dead *again* after he was resurrected during TOGOM?

Martha bit her lower lip for a moment before speaking. “Okay, look. I’m messing this up big time. Please... Can you just forget I said anything?”
Sounds like a ring is in the air.

Martha looked so uncomfortable that Lois couldn’t make herself go in for the kill. Or maybe it was the morphine.
*G*

Lois, if you’re right and I get my eyesight back, we’ll have to give Shadow back.”
clap

“And I guess it can’t hurt that you’re drugged up on morphine,” he added, smiling nervously.
clap

“Yes,” she whispered.
Awwwwwwww

“When I heard the charge, I couldn’t plead guilty fast enough - before the D.A. changed his mind.
clap

“So I ruined your wedding?”
clap

“You can see,” he heard her whisper.

He gave a small nod.
clap

“So... you ready to do this? Ready to walk into the future with me?” he asked.

“All my life,” she responded.

The End
Adorable!

Wonderful story, ML! Thanks for taking the time to share. notworthy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.