thumbsup

“That she gave me Grandma’s engagement ring,” Clark said, silencing her completely. He let out a breath. “Not exactly how I planned to tell you that.”

“Your Grandma’s engagement ring?” she asked in a small voice.

Clark nodded. “It’s sort of a family heirloom. Anyway, Mom brought it with her from Kansas because... Well, she thought I might want it.”
Awww. So, what ring had he proposed with before (in Paris)? Or did he just pop the question without a ring? Yeah, I could see Clark doing that. Going forward without thinking things through.

“Lois, with everything that happened this past week, I realized something. That we make a great team. Together... we’re stronger than either of us is alone. I’ve always known that, really. But this week really drove the point home. I tried to push you away. But you were right. We belong together and as long as we face whatever comes in the future together, we’ll get through it.” He took a deep breath.
“Lois, none of us know how much time we have. But there is one thing I know without a shadow of a doubt...” He opened the box. “...whatever comes, whatever time we have left, I want to spend it with you. I love you, Lois Lane. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?
Wow, nice. I want a do-over and have my husband propose like that, without the whole getting shot thing. Would it be too much to supply these words? Yeah, probably. Especially since my name isn't Lois.

“I’d always been a little anxious about someone with superpowers flying around Metropolis, and Bill knew that, but it wasn’t until I started taking those pills and Bill started really playing up the fact that Superman was a vigilante that I became... well, hostile, I guess, towards him. Knowing what I know now, I suspect he wanted someone in law enforcement who was a potential ally against Superman.”
Always? Was there another flying superpowered vigilante in Metropolis that could have given Superman a bad rap? Or Superman himself made her nervous when he came on the scene?

“So what’s next for you two? I think I heard something about you getting married?”

“Yeah,” Lois said, glancing over at Clark. “Today in fact.”

“What?”
Yep, I'm with Mayson on that one. You postponed your wedding to help her? Wow! You've really taught Lois the power of forgiveness.

“I went down to the Metropolis Center for the Blind yesterday. Lois, even if I get my eyesight back, we’re going to be able to keep Shadow.”
hyper I'm with Lois on this! I completely forgot that this was the end and he needed to see again at the end!

Lois’ eyes never left his as she walked down the aisle, missing the woman Henderson had brought as his date, missing the bow tie Shadow was wearing, missing the teary smile on the face of his mother, missing everything but him.
And with that she saw everything she needed to see. Awwww.

wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.