Jen
I REALLY can't wait for that kiss and Martha's big debut. :-)
One will come before the other. Is that helpful? wink

Pat
the stories that she pulls out of the air
LOL. I *wondered* where they came from!

RKN

Will she and Lois recognize each other by seeing their own agony reflected in the other's eyes?
Nice idea ... not where I'm going, but that definitely has possibilities.

Patrick
So the stock Superman suit without the family emblem.
Exactly. But there was no way to say that in the fic. It's hardly realistic that Lois would think ...'uhm, isn't there something missing?' laugh

Oh and if he does crash to Earth, please consider a spectacular impact such as the one from "Superman Returns".
I haven't seen 'Superman Returns' so it's unlikely my portrayal will be anything like theirs.

As for the course of events you outlined ... 'evil' is the right word for it!

MozartMaid
And please let Lois get her kiss!!
cool

Kathy

This was the perfect way to end this story.
Phew! After all the talk of the 'mother of all cliffhangers' I was starting to worry that what I had would be a bit of a disappointment.

I loved how he had his initial reaction in front of Shadbolt, though, and how he asked, "It looks stupid, doesn't it?" when Shadbolt first saw him in it. If nothing else convinced Evan that Clark was just a regular guy, that definitely should do it.
Particularly as it was Shadbolt's daughter who made it!!!

Thanks for the correction for costume/fancy-dress party. I've changed it. I often add things after my BRs have seen the part, so there is going to be an occasional slip-up. Thanks for catching it.

truly thought this is where you were going to give them their first kiss
I have some plans for that first kiss - and this wasn't the time. wink

bellarase LOL about the scroll bar. It was quite a long chapter. I thought about splitting it - then decided not to.

DW

Loved that Lois said that Clark should only kiss her once he is back and it was so cute that he asked
I thought that was typical of Clark. He's about to go out and save the world, but he wasn't sure whether he should kiss Lois or not!

As for the line you quoted ... I think it should be 'sliver' rather than 'slither', but it slipped through and when I realised the 'mistake', I liked it enough to leave it there!!

Vicki I admit - I get a lot of fun from dropping little seeds on the path of a story and coming back later to see if they've grown!!!

Most of them are deliberate. Occasionally something works out well without planning. Sometimes, I drop a seed thinking 'I might need that later', but not really knowing how it will fit in.

How things mentioned in passing on page 1 will show up again with renewed meaning on page 988.
Thanks! I really appreciate that comment!

Amy I'm glad you like Shadbolt. He started out as a crusty old grump - probably still angry with the world for how his wife had treated him. But underneath, he's a good guy.

Laura

I think it ended perfectly.
Thank you.

livewithfreedom I was still adjusting the line about the fear in the final few minutes before posting!! It definitely made me smile1

AnitK Sorry, amnesia it is.

I love how strong Lois is throughout this part.
Just a few days ago, she was really struggling with Moyne etc. But Clark needs her now, so she's pushed that aside to be there for him. (Just as he did for her!)

DW The compensation was tricky. One of my BRs said that $70 000 is way too low - but it is only a downpayment. I saw it as meant to be a practical 'statement of intent' - a promise that they will help Clark in recovering his life.

Thanks to everyone for such wonderful FDK throughout Trail. You are great readers! Seven parts of Highway are written. I should be banned from ever making length estimates, but I think it will be about 15-20 parts.

Corrina.