His appearance was shockingly normal, but it was more than that. His manner was polite ... gracious.
And suddenly, Daniel understood how his agent could have been fooled into abandoning her job and consorting with the enemy. This would certainly prove to be a problem once the invasion arrived and Earth's female population would freely flock around the alien gods.

"Moyne is dead," Daniel said, feeling a strange sense of elation that really shouldn't accompany such an announcement.
Something's creaming about this being way too easy and the bombshell still out there.

"Yes," she said. "Yes, I would like to come back to Metropolis with you."
Funny, I just took that as Lois wanting to go back to check up on her father, get some more things from her apartment, etc. And probably take Clark with her.

She wanted to leave him.
And I kept saying, 'talk to her, she will clear up the misunderstanding'.

Tell Clark ... tell him what? Tell him *anything* that he would accept. Lie, if necessary. Last night, she had come within a heartbeat of killing a man. A few lies were not going to dent her conscience over much.
Oh. Right. blush eek

Clark was there, standing in the doorway, his arms folded across his chest, his face impassive.
huh

Michael

PPS: is it tile for #17, yet?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.