Seriously, best. part. yet. Loved it.

Poor Lois, going the wrong way. I wonder how far away Smallville is at this point. smile

And now since we're back in Lois's POV, I'm totally on her side again.
…And then her traitorous mind pictured Superman instead. For a few seconds Lois let go of the guilt that dating Clark and daydreaming about Superman usually caused her and wondered what might have happened…
If you can't indulge in a little Superman fantasy whilst stranded cold, dark, and alone in the middle of nowhere, when can you?

"I'd know your heartbeat anywhere."

"Mmmm. Desire."
Flirty!Superman. I mean seriously how's a girl supposed to piece together a secret identity with that kind of talk muddling her brain?

She stifled the sudden urge to smack his arm and shot back, "Clark just got lucky, that's all."

"Did he?" Superman's eyes twinkled mischievously.

Lois could feel a blush spreading across her cheeks at the apparent innuendo. "Not like that," she protested.

"Not like what?" Superman asked with feigned innocence.
I found this completely adorable.

"We should talk," he said as his hand cupped her cheek.

"I--. I'm sorry. I can't." His expression clouded so she rushed to explain why. "Clark…."

Superman froze and his eyes widened. "Please don't hate me," he whispered.
Even with the "previously in Clark's POV" at the beginning, I still did a "wait, what?" before I remembered his decree, "Tomorrow, Clark promised her silently. No matter what, he would tell her the truth tomorrow." So did Clark just decide to drop the act and seize the day, and then think that she figured it out? Or did he in those few moments forget that he was with her as Superman? Or was it all/none of the above? laugh

"Congratulations, Lane. You just won the jackpot. Superman said his top two priorities are children's issues and nuclear disarmament. If it was anyone else, I'd think that you cheated, but it's friggin' Superman."
Hee - nothing says "I'm sorry, please don't hate me" like using your influence to win your love a weekend at the Plaza. laugh

Excellent revelation. Now that she's out of the smut haze of Metropolis, she can think clearly! I love watching Lois put together all the pieces.

Can't wait until the next segment.