Bellarase
I also love how accepting Lois is
In canon, she was always accepting of Superman's differences (less so with Clark, but that's another story laugh )

Joy Hopefully the heartwrenching is becoming less gruesome.

Katie Sorry about the early parts, Katie. I know they were rough going. I hope you understand why they had to be like that - if Trask had treated Clark humanely, Lois's treatment of him wouldn't have been so profound.

there is a persistent awareness of what is good and right in your stories.
That is one of the nicest things anyone has said about my stories. Thank you.

Only this story's version of Lois, with what she's been through, could possibly understand this Clark.
That is very true. I had to 'hurt' Lois, too, so she would be able to empathise with Clark.

I'm writing part 16 and there's nothing too bad so far. There will be a few more bumps, but I'll try to remember to PM you a warning.

Thanks so much for continuing to read and giving me such honest and heartfelt FDK.

Muffin Hi! Thanks for commenting.

I find it refreshing how much they are helping each other come to terms with their demons.
One of the good things about giving Lois and Clark huge problems is that there is no need for angst *inside* the relationship.

Laura I hope these last two chapters started to make up for some of the earlier ones.

Aria Hi! Thanks for your comments and letting me know you are reading.

I like your minimalism.
LOL - I've actually become less minimalistic. BJ (Brenda) sent me some suggestions a long time ago that were really helpful.

I'm glad you like Shadbolt - I'm not done with him yet.

LadyMoira I'm glad you're still enjoying the fic. smile

Evelyn Beautiful moments are easier to write against a background of ugliness - which is one of the reasons why I felt the early chapters had to be so horrible.

Choucky It made my day to get FDK in French - that was so cool. Thanks.

DW

Lois and Clark's conversation
There's so much for them to talk about - it's going to take awhile for them to cover everything.

MozartMaid Thanks so much for the translation. smile And also for you FDK.

Jen Actually, the problem is that the faster I post, the smaller my buffer gets ... and I really think the fic is stronger when I have the opportunity to go back and tweak things.

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm.

Pat Your summary is great and explains so clearly what I'm trying to show.

Cristina

by the way, when are we going to get a clean shaved CK? )
Not for a few parts. But I will promise you that he will have a shave and a hair cut before Bridge is over.

Kathy

it was everything I could have hoped for.
That is always such a relief when I know that people have been waiting for something specific to happen.

And I *love* that Lois is so firmly committed to helping him
I'm going to write her as quite decisive. Clark is going to be uncertain. If they both were, the story risks stalling.

Brenda

The partnership is born!
Yep!

It's probably obvious already that they are both going to need this partnership.

Emily

I know they're not quite here yet, but I wish they were b/c I think they both need a big hug.
It's a constant temptation to move them forward too quickly.

Seme Part 7 is up ... ahead of schedule!

Michael Your explanation about Moyne is spot on. He *knew* Clark wouldn't hurt her, but he enjoyed scaring her.

Thanks, Framework

Vicki

But tomorrow, I have nothing to do but sit around all day clicking the "Refresh" button. It's going to be a long day.
I've already posted the next part, Vicki, so you won't have to refresh all day.

Elizabeth The 'getting better and better' comment is always incredibly heartening. Thank you.

Super-thanks to everyone for such wonderful comments and amazing enthusiasm. After all the pain beforehand, this part had to be good, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Corrina.