Moyne and Shadbolt had been utterly prejudiced by Trask.
I think Lois is wrong with that assumption at least concerning Moyne. It seems Moyne just needed a valve for his sadistic strand … It would be interesting to know how Moyne and Trask met for the first time and how Moyne became this … ‘nice’ fellow he is in this story.
It is sad that Lois still thinks she can’t trust the prisoner, even after looking in his eyes and seeing nothing mean in them.
I’m happy for Clark that Lois took the rods away from the three guards but especially from Moyne, well they never used them except when they were in the cell and since Lois is with them every time they go in she can give them a rod when they need one.
Now he doesn’t have to experience the pain anymore, or if he still feels it then it is very little pain.
Whether she got this right or wrong, she would do it on her own convictions - not on the back of second-hand hokum from the pen of a hate-filled bigot.
Good be as unprejudiced as possible, Lois laugh
Wanna search me?
Yuck!
Lois turned abruptly to the closet. She hauled out the four rods and marched them out of the staffroom and up the stairs to her office. She loaded them into the corner, checked that the camera was working, locked the closet, and picked up her bag.
He had a choice, he could have given her the second key when she asked for it … I wonder why and when he had felt the need for a second key …
Now I’m off to part 8.

Kathryn