In no particular order...

Thanks for reminding me of the trailer. Well, I certainly did not miss this particular neon sign. This is just the first time Lois is watching the kids camp out. The second time around, Clark will be there and catch her when she falls. Only, why he is going to have to go back to 1987, I don't know. Except, maybe, since it's exactly 10 years and 20 years from two other POVs of the story, it could be a time machine glitch that deposits him there.

/goes and pulls out 'Advanced Time Travel, Theory and Practice', by Brown and Wells/

Btw, even though I knew from the trailer what we were supposed to expect, I was still captivated by the possibility that for some reason you a) put up the trailer as a red herring or b) they were actual mobsters the first time around.

Lois wanted to tell them not to bother calling Daddy. She knew what they needed to do: they needed to stop jostling her around because suddenly she felt very sick to her stomach. She opened her mouth to tell them to stop but before she could, she threw up.
Well. Concussion.

Now that would be a job worth doing.
Yeah, but the danger she's going to be to the health of others. Like her editor, in case he has a heart condition...

“No one knows exactly how changing the past would affect the present, since it’s never been done before,”
Yes, but he could always rescue her in the last moment and bring her into the future. This way, only the maggots looking for a host would be affected.

After all, wouldn’t it be better to keep it just in case he might have dire need of a time machine in the future?
E.g. in case he gets all hormonal and needs a Lois laugh

Bob and Carol...
mecry

Michael, who has no idea why ML is digging in the past, except because Clark is going to screw up, big time...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.