A lot has already been said about what a wonderful part this was and how engrossing this story is. I'll just say amen to that. And I won't even begin to speculate on the whys and wherefores of Kal's deplorable lack of knowledge and, aparently up until now, curiosity about comparative anatomy.

I did, however, want to mention the closing line:

"'You can do whatever you want to do,' he said. 'You are a Concubine of the House of El.'"

Up to this point, Lois has been wisely assuming a deferential position while she tries to figure out what the rules are and where she stands. After all, one needs to know the rules before one can exercise the judgment required to know when to break them. It seems to me that Kal has just implied that she stands in a relatively high position. In a society with as harsh living conditions as New Krypton, to be left utterly at leisure is a sign of high status. Or perhaps of conspicuous consumption on the Lord's part. "See, I'm so rich I can afford to support four women who don't have to work." In any case, she certainly stands above the servants and probably above all commoners. She is, after all, a member of the noble house.

What Kal doesn't realize is what a dangerous act it is to leave Lois Lane to her own devices. evil

Just food for thought. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.