I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to catch up on the boards. So, I opened this and then almost immediately closed it again when I realized it was a post-marriage fic. Generally, that's not my thing.

I'm so glad something made me stay. This was lovely. Not a hint of Superman in this, just pure Lois and Clark being Lois and Clark.

There were parts of this that were funny, like Clark tuning in to the football game, but for the most part, it was simply sweet. It captured one of my favorite parts of marriage. Not the grand gestures, but the little details of everyday that scream "I love you".

And given that this is early in their marriage, Clark's worries that he won't be able to help her seem so very real to me.

My husband is a pretty sensitive guy, and yet, he is often surprised when I will randomly mention something silly that he did months later because it meant so much to me.

Clark always seemed that way to me, too - thinking that if he just saved Lois every time her life was in danger, either as Superman or as Clark, she would see how much he loved her and love him back. And somehow never seeming to really get that when she did fall in love with him, it wasn't for these grand gestures, but for the little things.

This story does such a good job of drawing that out. Clark is doing all these little things for Lois, but is doing them while panicking that he won't be able to help. He has no idea he's already helping until Lois tells him.

Thank you for sharing such a sweet story.