This was a very well done story. I think there are a lot of elements highlighted here, too many to just breezily compliment this as a sweet early-marriage fic. I started and ended with an "Aww", of course, but the middle hits on some fairly deep issues, and I give you credit for covering them.

My guess is that most women reading this story would be as bemused by Lois is at Clark's overreaction. *We* know that her depression isn't anything serious or long-lasting; it's just the result of some negative emotions, a headache, maybe a too heavy workload or even a certain time of the month. But for Clark, this early in their marriage, this is big and scary. She'd hidden this particular side from him before they were married (maybe not even intentionally, but just as a regular part of two busy people living separately) and now he's completely in the dark about what he's supposed to do. And it scares the hell out of him.

Lois, on the other hand, has just given Clark a gift -- the proof that she trusts him so completely, even at just a month into their marriage, to let him see her this down. And his response, in true L&C fashion, is exactly what she needs. smile

Well done, Lisa. I really enjoyed this. smile