She gave him an awkward smile. "No'shing," she replied, desperately trying to hide the evidence by swallowing the mouthful of chocolate. "You're imagining things."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Sure. And I suppose that chocolate in your mouth is imaginary, too?"
Come on, Clark. Stick your tongue in her mouth and get evidence! And seriously, in a non-gutter-related comment, I love how you have her smile awkwardly, the way she pronounces "nothing," and then swallows the chocolate. It's SO Lois!

"No, seriously." She stopped and turned to face him, looking up at him in earnest. "I'm liberating it from the box. Before it turns bad. Clark, I'm saving the chocolate."
Ha, I may try that as an excuse next time I, uh, accidentally go to the Coach store. But I'm saving the purse before it goes out of style!

"Right. Chocolate and Superman." Clark shook his head dejectedly before returning to his desk.
Awww, poor Clark!

In the blink of an eye, he had lost it all. All the things that were dear to him, gone. Taken away, stolen. It was Luthor's doing, Clark knew. The devil in a three-piece suit.
I love your subtle description of Lex from Clark's point of view. It simply speaks volumes; as does our poor (hot) farmboy's sadness.

"Now," Clark said, putting the glasses back on, "could we please talk about Lex Luthor?"
WOW! eek

Lara, you rock! Not only can you help my newspaper with the correct le/la usage for crepes, but you also can write! HELLA good, may I add! smile1 I love this! It's great how it presents two time elements without being overtly verbose. It's absolutely fantastic, so go turn on some Celine and do a victory dance! laugh

Yes, I know: mad

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"