Well I don’t think I have many more superlatives to spare Caroline. notworthy
You do bring Smallville alive in so many little ways. Else world fic often are difficult because it so important that you recognize the characters, but you would have little trouble with that.
I like the premise and It always irritates me how Luthor wedding didn’t have any consequences, and that her husband to be suicide didn’t figure more prominently in her thoughts. clearly the event would turn her into a minor celebrity and Lois would hate to be foremost known in the public consciousness as Lex Luthor’s bride to be. It would have been a perfect tie in with the rest of the series and It could have been a running gag.
I'm kind of surprised not more fics like Wendys "healing time" are made on this theme.

The imagining, the dialogue, the humour, and the packaging is just so good. Just packaging is something that people tend to skimp on. You know throw Lois and Clark together and let them get to the good stuff, I always find it kind of curious how very small thing makes the difference between buying the development in some stories and in others the authors hand comes into the screen and I cannot suspend my disbelief.
And I don’t know if I’ve told you how much I like the natural way you weave dialogue from the show into your stories.

And the sequence were Lois tries to change the scenario by will alone was just to funny.
He was being very dense. My next fantasy lover would have brains and beauty, I decided, but for now I was willing to work with what I had.

“Are you all right?” my dream man asked, looking concerned.

“Fine,” I told him. “I was just, um, trying to change. You know, slip into something more comfortable.” I gave him what I hoped was a sultry look, but it just made him look more nervous. “I’m sorry.” I sighed and sagged back into my chair. “This isn’t working out.”

“Um, what isn’t?”

“This dream. It was good at first. That flying down from the sky thing you did was really cool, and then… well, I sure can’t complain about the way you look. But you don’t seem all that interested in me, not that I blame you at the moment. I know I’m not… well, it’s been a tough time for me lately, and I guess I haven’t been thinking much about how I look. I was trying to imagine myself in something else, but it’s just not working, so maybe we can try it again another time. I’ll try to dream up a shower and some clean clothes, and maybe you could look just a little less terrified.”

He smiled, and I realized that my imagination hadn’t spent itself after all. He’d been beautiful even when he looked nervous and fearful, but when he smiled, he was like an engraved invitation to sin.
It also fits so well that she doesn’t treat his abilities as anything extraordinary. Lois not saying anything because she don’t want to ruin the magic.You can really see him becoming intrigued on that alone. Actually, the entire story seems to glow with some fairytale quality.

Thank you for sharing. smile

“He was just the tusk, right?”
I didn't get what this expression meant.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...