Slowly working my way down . . .

Terry Leatherwood! Back into this very lovely debate, aren't you? I tell you, I'm really, really enjoying everyone's discussion of this. You all have very plausible beliefs and explanations--and you're certainly turning on the pressure for when the revelation does (eventually thumbsup ) come. I hope it works to everyone's satisfaction! <bites fingernails nervously>

JoJo and others have come up with a different interpretation on Lois's probable reaction to the news that Clark and Superman are the same person. I don't disagree that she would probably be less angry if "Superman" made the confession than it "Clark" made it, but it points up something I touched on earlier. In this story, the Clark persona is taking a backseat to the Superman persona, especially in relation to Lois. Superman has become the dominant personality where Lois is concerned, so naturally Lois is going to get closer to him. Another poster mentioned that Clark seems to have channelled all of his geekiness and fear and insecurities into the Clark persona, and that's a large part of the reason that I agree that Lois would probably go ballistic at Clark but would probably be disappointed in Superman when either of them tells her the truth about the dual identity thing.
You're bringing together a lot of ideas here, Terry, and I like how you've said it. It's part of the awful situation between Lois and Clark--that Clark is uncertain towards Lois because of her obvious care for Superman, because he wants to *be* Clark, and for him to love her as Clark. But we can't blame Lois at all!! In many senses she *does* know Superman much better than she knows Clark, and once you have that special someone you aren't going to be looking for love in any other quarter. It's just like you said later on in your review:

JoJo and others have come up with a different interpretation on Lois's probable reaction to the news that Clark and Superman are the same person. I don't disagree that she would probably be less angry if "Superman" made the confession than it "Clark" made it, but it points up something I touched on earlier. In this story, the Clark persona is taking a backseat to the Superman persona, especially in relation to Lois. Superman has become the dominant personality where Lois is concerned, so naturally Lois is going to get closer to him. Another poster mentioned that Clark seems to have channelled all of his geekiness and fear and insecurities into the Clark persona, and that's a large part of the reason that I agree that Lois would probably go ballistic at Clark but would probably be disappointed in Superman when either of them tells her the truth about the dual identity thing.
I love this. And crossing over the universes, it reminds me of the famous quote from Batman Begins: "It's not who I am, but what I do that defines me." Lois is seeing Clark and Superman as is defined by what she has seen them do. It's not her fault that her view is limited. Every single action she does or word she says shows the difference how how she thinks of Clark and Superman. Yet I think it's also interesting to see how her thoughts sometimes cross over without her realizing it until she stops herself and thinks "I'm going crazy." Poor Lois.

Almost forgot to ask, Rachel, how did the date go? Well, I hope! I hope you had a nice time with a nice person.
Hehe. I could go off this forever, but it's quite off topic so I'll be "quick." I've been on a few dates with this friend of mine, but not for a number of months. It was a lot of fun, but as for how serious it was . . . well, you could say that I'm not inclined to try and get into any "serious" relationship at the moment, if only because I've been so busy with school. My dad claims I'm afraid of commitment (which may possibly be true, but I blame it on the society in which I live, where girls are a "menace to society" if they're not married by the time they're twenty-two), but to tell you the truth I think I'm just too independent and too much of a romantic, so I just expect too much of the guys I date, even though they're quite fine as good friends--just no more than that. <shakes head> (And I have a whole theory about men, dating, etc, but my "short" answer is turning into a novel, so I'm going to stop here. thumbsup ) [/rant]

Short answer: The date was fun, jolly good. I had a great time. <rolls eyes at self> Now everyone will no better than to ask me about boys . . . hehehee. wink

Sorry about the tangent, Terry. Thanks for your very thoughtful review!

SmirkyRaven