Oh, I'm being harassed today! You wouldn't believe the pressure, the pouting, the taunts of "liar, liar" that my dear, sweet co-author has been heaping on me to get me to say something in this thread.

I'll confess - it's *DJ's* story. I just have the best beta job in the world because instead of just suggesting changes, I get to full-out make them. So, in a somewhat half-a$$ed fashion, I have "co-written" this story. It works like this. DJ sends me a part. I go through it and get really mean, leaving red everywhere as I make snarky comments (most of them unprintable), change a word or two or argue over whether a crystal candlestick would shatter if you hit someone with it. (DJ assures me that it wouldn't and I'm too afraid to ask how she knows that for sure.)

My point? Because I did have one... I feel guilty answering the FDK for this story because, with a few exceptions, the words aren't mine. The story is hers. Back in the planning stages my contribution to this specific part consisted of suggesting how funny it would be if Lois were to get up one morning and, instead of tripping over the plant, she trips over Dan's unconscious body and has no idea who he is or how he got there. So you can see, that got changed a lot in the interim. Most of my suggestions plot-wise ended up that way. (Which would go a long ways towards explaining why I sometimes get so mean with my edits.... <evil laugh>).

So I'll answer for the parts that I can identify as what I contributed.

The ring on her hand sent a nervous excitement through her. Was she engaged to Superman? Heh. No explanations necessary, Lara. We all wish it for ourselves.

You wanted to be my wife, he thought to himself. For just a little while you were mine. Yeah, I loved that bit. Glad I could soften even Ann's heart in regards to Clark (aka "that lying SOB").

Woody - I love, love, LOVE the idea of Lois not knowing either of Clark's personas and him flying in her window. I'll get back to you on that one...

DJ's right. Those final paragraphs were both of us. <sniffle> DJ, you complete me.

That awesome line at the end about 50 revelations left to go? Not mine. All DJ. She rocks!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis