Hope you're enjoying your trip.

“Lois, why don’t you let me buy you some dinner?” Dan asked, flashing her one of those annoying smiles he had.
You ladies write him to be such a cad. I'm not saying he wasn't a cad in the show, but you girls accentuate it.

Clark had wanted to fly Lois home. It would have been so much faster. But she had insisted that she didn’t want to leave her Jeep again. She would need it for her doctor appointment in the morning.
Maybe I'm just practical this way, but I took Lois at her word. She wanted to drive back so she would have the car and she wanted to wait to talk because it was too important to multitask. I didn't see it as a quiet way of making him suffer.

She shook her head. “But since you haven’t been honest with me, how am I supposed to believe you now?”

Clark reached into his inside coat pocket. “You don’t have to believe me. I had hoped you would. But maybe you’ll believe yourself.” He handed her the folded up, wrinkled note and sat down beside her.
Very well-written. He wants to make the right choices and he wants her trust. He just tried second-guessing her, instead of being true to himself or even true to her. He wants to give her what he thinks she wants, but he can't figure out what he wants. So much better to lay all the cards on the table, as he does here.

She was still watching him, silently judging him. “Please, say something,” he begged her quietly.

“I’m still willing to give you a second chance, Clark. So here it is. Tell me everything.”
And that's just the problem. Every little thing he does, he feels like he's being judged for. That's enough to give any guy a complex. Under that kind of stress, it's easy to make mistakes.

He nodded his head at her as the relief poured through his face. She stroked his cheek lightly again with her hand and cupped his face tenderly before continuing, “And you have to promise that you will never do something like that to me again. I don’t think my heart could take it.”

He shook his head as he got up to sit next to her. “Never. I’m never going to push you away again and I’m never going to let you go. I can’t.”
I feel like you're being very true to character here. Well done.

When Lois pulled away to catch her breath she whispered, “I know. But you have to be able to let me go, too.”

Clark leaned away to look into her eyes. “What do you mean?”

Lois dropped her eyes, unable to meet his gaze. “I think you know what I mean.” She squeezed the hand that was still holding hers. “I love you too much to let you waste your life, Clark. If it turns out that my condition isn’t reversible – if I’m not going to make new memories...”
And she's starting to do the same thing to him that he did to her. She's making decisions for the both of them. Good thing she listens to reason better.

“How did we ever meet?”

Clark smiled and tried to lighten the mood. “I blame Perry.”
I didn't quite understand this exchange. Is she saying they are so different that it's surprising that they met. Because she obviously remembers that far back. Anyway, it sounded a bit wierd to me. Either that, or I'm not as smart as the rest of your readers. dizzy

She took it from him and realized it was his t-shirt and sleep shorts.
Not his normal storage area, but it will do. As long as Ann isn't right. It just wouldn't do to wake up with little or no memory, but a man's outfit beside her.

Elisabeth