“Oh, Lex.” Lois grimaced, glancing at her wristwatch with a frown. It was almost five forty-five. “I’m sorry. Today has been so busy. No, no. I didn’t forget, I just got caught up. Pick me up? 6:30? Okay? Okay. Yes. Okay. Thanks, Lex. Yes, I’ll see you then. Bye.”
Why is Lois going on a date with Lex? I'm trying to understand her reasoning for this. Especially after you made this comment.

After the horror, she disconnected herself to anything but her lifeline--Superman--and now she's having trouble coming back to life. As a consequence, everything is getting pushed to the side--even herself, let alone her partner, who seems like he's just *trying* to be annoying, in her mind.
I realize she forgot about Lex, but I would have expected her to just tell him to forget it, she was busy, and keep going with that single-mindedness she's shown up to now.

I'm torn whether I want Clark to come clean or not with Lois. smile I can argue myself to both sides of that fence. Should Clark tell her, or should she figure it out herself? It will be good no matter what, I'm sure. What I like best about the story so far is the way it makes me feel. I feel the same things the characters feel. Especially Clark. Too cool.

--
Jeff