“What happened?” Clark looked down at his plate and picked up the fork still lying there, smashing down the little crumbs that had been left behind. “Oh, you know, the usual. Superman saved the day, rescued my parents and revived you.”

He could feel Lois’s eyes on him. “Wow. So many details. I’m overwhelmed. Have you ever considered becoming a writer?"
Ha! She lost her memory, not her edge.

“So how did I tell you that I knew?”

Clark made a show of looking down at his watch. “You know, we should probably get back to the Planet. We really need to give Dr. Klein a call and see if...”

“How did I tell you?” she interrupted him. Why was he so cagey every time she asked him a question about something that had happened? “Did I just come out and say it or did I try to manipulate it out of you? Did we have a big fight? What?”

He squirmed nervously in his seat. No. He couldn’t tell her about the proposal. That would only make things even more complicated. “I asked you a question and you took off my glasses and wanted to know who was asking, me or,” his voice trailed off and he mouthed the word, “Superman.”

“What was the question?”

“Question?”

“That you asked me? What question did you ask me?”
Ahem. As I said.

She forgot Dan’s number the night she had shown up at Clark’s apartment and shown him who she wanted to be with.
Oh, that is great! I wish my memeory worked like that.

He had avoided touching her today. Oh, he had touched her arms and shoulders long enough to help her get her jacket on before they left the Planet. And he had rested his hand at the small of her back as they had stepped off the elevator into the parking garage.

She loved those small gestures. But she and Clark had long since moved beyond such trifles. Where was the passion she remembered? It was almost as if he was afraid of the energy between them. But why? Why was he so hesitant? What had happened between them? Were they in a fight?
Ah ha! I was wondering when this would come up.

I love that Lois has a sentimental streak, as evidenced by the keepsake box.

‘Still dreaming about that night in the clouds. Take all the time you need – I’ll always be here for you. Yours forever, Clark.’
Awww, that is so sweet!! And now he's dumped her! stupid, stupid, stupid!

Lois caught up to Star and grabbed her arm to catch her attention. “What do you mean by 'marriage and commitment'?”
Whoops. And I bet she writes down the answer in that journal so that she will "remember" tomorrow!

Nice chapter, ladies.

lisa in the sky with diamonds