First things first. I'm sorry for the family complication. It sucks for these things to happen so close to the usual holiday chaos. Last year my husband's grandmother had a bad fall and ended up in a coma right about Thanksgiving. Thank God, everything worked out, but it was definitely a trying time--I wish you and your whole family the best.

And now onto the story.

This emotion felt... hostile. Strange, she thought. Knowing he was Superman should have made it easier to see him running away in the middle of a conversation.
Hmmm. This is what the second? Third? Time she feels angry without knowing why. That has got to mess with you.

She loved those small gestures. But she and Clark had long since moved beyond such trifles. Where was the passion she remembered? It was almost as if he was afraid of the energy between them.
For the hundredth time, I lament this being a PG fic. Damn.

The Perfect Man’ - It had a picture of a gorgeous guy who had an apron on, a dustpan in one hand, a bag of chocolates in the other and a piece of duct tape over his mouth. Back when Lucy had sent her that postcard, she had *thought* that was the perfect man.
That IS the perfect man. It’s just that some of us don’t like our men(/significant other) perfect. smile It’s no fun that way.

Lois caught up to Star and grabbed her arm to catch her attention. “What do you mean by 'marriage and commitment'?”
Dude she is totally calling Superman—NOW before she falls asleep and forgets. Haha. Love it. I hate I’ll have to wait for more frown

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png