Great line:
...but how do they expect me to turn off my invulnerability aura?"
Thank you! smile This is a part of the whole TV Logic that always escapes me in that episode. They left such a big part out, imho.. so I had to fix it. hehehe smile

But, ahhh.... I was disappointed about one part:

The mayor (Sonny Bono) didn't say "And the 'heat' goes on" or "I got you babe". Ahhh.... That was such a great bit.

I will say, though, that I don't think that bit is in the script.
mmm.. No, it's not in the script. I remember it from the episode real well, though and... ahhh... I'm sorry, Nancy, but I left it out voluntarily.

For one thing, it bugged me that they "fixed" the dialog because it was Sonny Bono playing the part.

But more importantly, if *I* were Lois Lane, I would seriously object to being called "babe" by the Mayor! Over here, there was a really big thing a few years ago when the Prime Minister insulted a female journalist during a press conference - they were announcing a new program which now lets women here take as long as a year and a half of maternity leave, and he nicely told a female reporter that she was still young and she should consider "getting with the program", meaning she should be thinking of having kids soon... Not something someone in any government should say, IMHO. That "I got you babe" bit reminds me of it, you see. And I would think that Lois, being a feminist (as far as I can tell, she most certainly is) would be insulted by it, so I left the "babe" part out.

Sorries..... (hey, I least I had a reason...)

This illustrates so well exactly why Clark needs and loves Lois. She supplies the determination and singleminded focus that he often lacks.
smile Glad you caught that, it's precisely what I was trying to illustrate. There's another little bit like that later on. it's in Part 2, I think. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies