Good start, Lara!

"Clark, do you realize that people are actually planning trips up *North* for Christmas this year?"
It took me a second to figure out why this sounded funny to me. Then I realized: I live in Florida, so people here often go north for Christmas so they can see snow! But of course if you lived in a huge city up north I can see why you might normally go south for the holidays.

Clark knew as much about how his body worked as he knew about life on Krypton, which is to say he was basically clueless and that really annoyed him right now.
I have often thought before how very frustrating it must be to know nothing about your own biology. And he has no one to ask!

Lois was one of the only people around who wasn't trying to pin the blame on Superman. In fact, knowing that she was in his corner - even though she thought Superman was an entire other person - always warmed his heart. There wasn't anyone else who would literally get in the ring and fight to save the Man of Steel. Clark - and Superman - could really use someone like Lois just now.
This illustrates so well exactly why Clark needs and loves Lois. She supplies the determination and singleminded focus that he often lacks.

lisa in the sky with diamonds