I’m finally caught up! smile1

Gahhh!! I really love the scene in the interrogation room! The interplay between Lois and Henderson and Lois and Superman is so, so great!! There’s really too much great stuff there to quote it all. laugh

“That’s dangerous,” Superman said to her disapprovingly, breaking into her thoughts.

Or not, she immediately recanted.

“It’s my job,” she said stiffly, remembering those times he’d undercut her stories by dropping her off halfway across the city when she’d been perfectly positioned in the middle of the action. Looking back at Bill she asked, “So what can I print?”

“Everything but the distro list. I don’t want to tip them.”

“Your job isn’t to go after Luthor,” Superman said, steel still in his voice.

Eeeeep! She’s pushed the Overprotective Clark Button! Ahh, the tension here is sooo good!

(And psst… there are a few misplaced spaces here on that last sentence. :))

“The Planet expects copies of that roll of film, Bill!” she shouted to the Detective’s retreating back. When he didn’t reply, she shouted, “Bill! I have deadline!” He didn’t turn, but his hand came up in a lackadaisical wave. She sat back in one of the chairs, satisfied. From Henderson, that was as good as a written agreement.

hahaha I love this!!

She told herself again that wishing didn’t make things so. She'd had that fact reinforced almost nightly over these past few months. Then again, his upper lip had a freckle that she hadn’t seen in the weak moonlight, but couldn’t deny now.
Gahh! Right?? And that freckle… I mean…

and a smattering of larceny in their hearts.

Hahaha! That phrase made me snort! lol

She glanced back at him, stifling another rush of emotion. She hadn’t realized that he’d been leaning over her shoulder to look along with her. Couldn’t he see this from a city block away? Why lean in? She could feel the heat from his hand on the back of her chair now that she’d leaned back. She shifted in her chair.

OMG! I love this! This is soooo good!

It was her reporter’s intuition rearing its head in the ugliest way. She had a feeling the answer would hurt, but she had to ask it anyway. She’d become such a glutton for anything connected to him, even if she had to wipe the blood off later.

Wonderful phrasing!

She couldn’t speak.

He still didn’t look at her.

“I was sorry for your loss, Ms. Lane,” he said.

Superman looked at her sharply.

She didn’t move or reply.

Gahhh! Ouch!

It seemed like he was taking the scenic route over to Carter Street tonight. She didn’t mind. The night was quiet and her thoughts were jumbled. They unspooled in different directions, but she didn’t have the energy to chase any single one to its conclusion.

Ahhh such beautiful phrasing again!

“Will you forgive me if I’m wrong and this is just the grief finally winning?”

His eyes changed at that, as if he was reassessing how fragile the woman in his arms really was. Was that grief of his own that flitted across his eyes? Or guilt?

But instead of addressing any of that, he asked, “Is that your question?”

“No,” she said firmly.

“Yes,” he said. “I would forgive you.” His arms tightened around her almost imperceptibly. She felt it. “Will you forgive me?”

Her heart raced. “I think so.”

“Ask me, then,” he said.

It was harder than she expected, to ask for the one thing you wanted most.

She put her hand to his cheek and looked into his warm, achingly familiar, chocolate eyes.

“Clark?”

“Is that your question?”

“Yes,” she said, holding back a sob, existing on a hope.

“Yes,” he said simply.

“Yes?” she asked again, surprised even though she’d already had the answer, pleading with the universe that he’d understood, that her hunch was right, that every emotion in her body wasn’t betraying her.

“Yes, Lois, yes,” he said, his carry-hold becoming an embrace as she dissolved in his arms.

WOW GAHHH OMG!! I got literal chills reading this—SO GREAT!!

He was still shaking his head. “Lois, I don’t understand how this can possibly work.”

She grinned at him, feeling the world right itself around her.

“That’s what you have me for.”

Ahhhh! lol Love it!

I'll be concentrating on other stories - another TOGOM piece (somehow way darker than this), a spin-off of All Shook Up, and an alt-universe re-interpretation of The Rivals.

I’m so excited for these!!

About the Woolf scene, since I see that you’d checked in with Michael specifically about it… it was so very close to playing just right! I think what would have helped would be more cues earlier on from Lois….that understated body language of both of them being uncomfortable because of what was unspoken so that, by the time Lois asks the question, Woolf doesn’t really have to say as much…

And after reading all your back and forth with Michael on this, I think you’re spot on with how to tighten things up!

What Michael says here:

The actual resurrection has been done numerous times and it’s a detail, nothing more, for this story. And to me, the that final lines are so poignant. It just fits in this fandom.

Yep! Wholeheartedly agree!

Re: Discord—here’s the secret… we’re ALLLLLL introverts! lol Okay, there might be a few extroverts among us, but gosh… there are so many commonalities among us FoLC! We’ll be there when you’re ready. wink

Again, so great to have you de-lurked and writing!! clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.