“Ask me, then,” he said.

It was harder than she expected, to ask for the one thing you wanted most.

She put her hand to his cheek and looked into his warm, achingly familiar, chocolate eyes.

“Clark?”

“Is that your question?”

“Yes,” she said, holding back a sob, existing on a hope.

“Yes,” he said simply.
It seems he was tired of keeping up the pretense with her, but he didn't see the point in bringing this up after so much time had gone by, because he didn't have any hope of making things right again. But he didn't have it in him to deny the truth any longer, too. sad

“You could have told me,” she said seriously.

He nodded back. She could see the regret written across his face and reflected throughout his whole body. “I know. I should have. I’ve been… a little lost.”
He could. He should. But Clark was infurianting like that sometimes. wallbash Like in the situation with Mayson and then with Scardino... Sometimes I wanted to slap some sense into him and scream: Say something! Do something! grumble And he would stubbornly refuse to make anything and just wait for things to resolve itself. tired Good thing Lois is not so passive.

He was still shaking his head. “Lois, I don’t understand how this can possibly work.”

She grinned at him, feeling the world right itself around her.

“That’s what you have me for.”
Yeah, Lois is back to her old self. You go, girl! cool

With the confidence of someone who knew firsthand that impossible things could be made real, she said, “We’ll come up with something.”

And that’s exactly what they did.

THE END
What? What do you mean "The end"? Are you going to leave us there? [Linked Image] Please, come back! An epilogue would be great. Please? grovel Pretty please with cherry on top? [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15