Hello!

Part 3 is up and Lois and Superman are making their way to the end of this mini-adventure.

If you catch any other nitpicks, moments where there isn't solid clarity, etc. let me know! As my own beta, I know I've missed things, and I'm hoping to send this one to the archive.

If anything really made an impact, I'd love to know. I always use feedback for future writing. smile1

I wanted to thank everyone that's commented on this so far. This story has been residing in my brain for SO LONG that it's such a rush to finally get to be able to talk about it with other FOLCs. wink You've been such a welcoming group for my first story in this universe!

The story began here: Undercoer Reporter (1/3)
And continued here: Undercover Reporter (2/3)
Concluding here: Undercover Reporter (3/3)
...but they still have some things to solve...look for more in 2024.

SPOILERS:
This story was actually something I'd thrown out. I have a much longer TOGOM story in progress. I'd written this scene as an ending to that, but after 80+ pages, it felt a little too easy/pat for both Lois and Clark. That story feels like it does need to have the problem solved of how you bring a man back from the dead. But even so, my mind kept coming around to Lois sneaking around this warehouse, kept safe by her ever-vigilant but now silent partner. So I thought maybe it could become something else, something a little waffy and hopeful. I moved the warehouse to another part of town, gave Woolf his own nightmare from that night, and decided to blame the whole thing on Luthor (since I can't believe he ever really leaves Lois, even in death - too much mental trauma). I'm really happy that this little story made it. And that they get a happy ending. ...for a while, at least. And while I'm sure that Luthor Corps' many arms are wreaking havoc on Metropolis, this is the end for our Undercover Reporter. I'll be concentrating on other stories - another TOGOM piece (somehow way darker than this), a spin-off of All Shook Up, and an alt-universe re-interpretation of The Rivals. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to reading more stories here, too!

Thanks for reading!